http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 03:36:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mouse issues with extended desktop  (Read 1475 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« on: April 09, 2013, 04:40:51 AM »

This just started happening a few days ago.  In game, when I mouse to the edge of the display where the secondary is, the cursor leaves the screen and moves about the secondary monitor.  If I click while in this mode, it alt-tabs out of the game.  I have to move back within the limits of the main monitor before I do anything.  I have switched back and forth from windowed to full screen in whatever I'm playing, but it has no effect.  the mouse still goes outside the main monitor.  I've had this setup for over a month and this is the first time this has happened by accident.  I finished up Bioshock Infinite on Friday without any sign of this happening.  It doesn't affect BI even though other games are currently affected.  

This has come up in the last few games I have played:
Skyrim
Fallout NV
Stalker Call of Pripyat

I've resorted to using a program I dug up which limits the mouse to one screen, but it's imperfect.  Last night in Skyrim, I inadvertantly tabbed out when I right-clicked in game, despite being nowhere near the border.  plus, it's always on, so I have to turn it off after gaming.  Much rather get this sorted out and back to normal.  

No, haven't updated drivers.  last let windows update on 3/20.  Last thing I did before noticing this was install Call of Pripyat Complete.  I didn't play much as the base game is buggier than expected and between that and the mod, it crashed 5 times, hard lockup.  I nuked it after fighting it for an hour.  not sure if it has any relevance but felt it warrants a mention.

Running Catalyst drivers 12.4 as the 13.1 drivers were playing hell with the extended desktop configuration.  
AMD 7850 @ 1920x1080 on Samsung SM2333T
CrossfireX
AMD 4250 @ 1050x1680  on Dell 2005FPW
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:58:46 AM by Caine » Logged

Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 06:46:15 AM »

ok.  fixed this.  disabled raptr's in game chat interface.  buggy pile.  they must have updated it or something.  I've had it running for a while now. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: