http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 12:50:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitor for my laptop  (Read 408 times)
Louis Cypher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2011, 04:10:27 AM »

I recently purchased an 11 inch laptop and I'm finding that I am now using it to replace my desktop. I would like to use an external monitor because prolonged gaming sessions leave me with headaches from squinting lol. The native resolution is 1366 x 768, if I buy a 1080p monitor like this http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VH238H-23-Inch-LED-Monitor/dp/B004J6BIJ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304913480&sr=8-1will it be ok? Or do I need to buy a monitor that matches the laptop's native resolution? I don't want to go any higher than 23 inches, lower is ok even. This is going to be for gaming, so ideally a 2ms response time is what I'm looking for. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 04:58:19 AM »

I am not remotely a laptop expert, but I would assume that would be more a function of the featured of the video card than the laptop display.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 08:57:37 AM »

You should be fine with any monitors. Once you hook it up, the laptop will have a couple of options for you to choose from: display on the laptop screen only, display on the external monitor only and display on both. If you're going to go higher resolution than what your laptop display can handle, I suggest going "display external monitor only" option. You can set the resolution higher on the monitor alone just by using the windows display properties. The one thing you should look out for is the external monitor connector on the laptop itself. All laptops, including netbooks, have VGA out but some newer ones will have HDMI out as well, so make sure the new monitor will have the connection that you need.

Since it's a laptop, the video card may stutter with the higher resolution on the monitor though, so you may have to adjust the graphic options of your games once you're playing on the monitor.
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 03:43:45 PM »

Ok, great thanks! Looks like that monitor will be the best for me

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: