http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 11:12:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logitech wheel button and games  (Read 1204 times)
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2004, 04:41:27 PM »

About six months ago, I picked up a Logitech MX700 cordless mouse to replace my MS Explorer.  The mouse is great, except that I can't get games to reliably recognize the wheel when clicked as a button.  Scrolling always works fine, it's the clicking that's spotty.

The strange thing is that it itermittently works, and has the same behavior on every game.  Usually it's only a problem in strategy-type games where the wheel click is generally used to make the camera free-rotating.  Most recently, Sims 2, Rome, and the RCT3 demo have all done the same thing.

I've tried installing the newest version of Logitech's drivers, as well as using the generic Windows drivers.  I leave my computer on all the time, so it's not even an issue of the drivers not loading on every startup.  Anyone else run into this and have a workaround?

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 10:44:11 PM »

No takers on this one?

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 11:02:34 PM »

I don't know the problem you are talking about, but I use a simple utility that allows you to create profiles and map the mouse buttons however you wish.  I don't know if this would help with the issue you are having, but you could give it a shot.

http://www.logigamer.com/

I use it with many games that don't recognize all the buttons on my MX500 and MX700.  You can bind any key for any button, including the wheel button.

Hopefully that will help you out.  If you have any questions about it let me know.  I've been using it for awhile now without problems.  Switching profiles is as simple as clicking it.  It can even auto-detect what game is launching and switch to that profile, but I haven't had much luck with that yet.  Make sure you get the full package.  You need the full program to setup profiles, while you can use the Lite version to simply select profiles and use less memory.

Like I said, I haven't had any problems like your own, but I wanted to use all the buttons and this might be a good workaround for you as well.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: