http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 02:47:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logitech goodness  (Read 1771 times)
Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »

Over the many years and many computers, I must say I have been pleased with Logitech and its products.  I have logitech speakers, keyboard, mice, web cam, game pad, and today I add a Harmony remote.  Logitech just seems to have their act together.  I am more loyal to the dollar than to brands, but Logitech has earned a "first look" in by book.  If the price difference between alternates is very small, I would likely go with Logitech.

... Despite the fact that their software generally sucks.
Freezer-TPF-
Gaming Trend Senior Member

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 04:57:33 PM »

So say we all.

(I am also a fanboy.)

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 06:13:46 PM »

Logitech here too. Love my speakers and always buy a Logitech mouse. Plus if something breaks they send you a new one free..and it will be the latest model even if your's was older. I love them. Over the years Ive used everything from IBM to MS to Logitech and others and Ive found the Logitech brand to be the superior one.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 06:42:05 PM »

Me too, although I wish they made a good ergo keyboard.  I've been using the MS Natural Ergo 4000 keyboard for a year and a half now, and I love it.  Padded wrist rests are awesome.  I can't really fault Logitech though, as it seems nobody's making ergo keyboards besides MS these days.

I love me MX1000, Harmony, and speakers.  They're awesome.

Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 07:19:32 PM »

I am using the Wave keyboard and I like it. I wish the curvature was even more pronounced.  It does cut down on the distance your fingers need to travel to use the keys.  Stronger curves would reduce that even further.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 07:38:12 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on April 12, 2008, 06:42:05 PM

Me too, although I wish they made a good ergo keyboard.  I've been using the MS Natural Ergo 4000 keyboard for a year and a half now, and I love it.  Padded wrist rests are awesome.  I can't really fault Logitech though, as it seems nobody's making ergo keyboards besides MS these days.

Agreed totally.  I still use a MS keyboard for that same reason, but the rest of my peripherals are Logitech.  I particularly love my G7 desktop mouse and my VX Nano laptop mouse.

The software is total shit though.

gellar
Goldchamp
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 04:00:46 PM »

I have 2 MS Sidewinder Mice but I do have a g15 keyboard. I am impartial  icon_biggrin
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »

When the Trackman Marble first came out, I got it for $200 and never looked back. It lasted me for about 8 years before giving up the ghost. It was a great product.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 12:54:40 PM »

I am currently using the G15 keyboard, the G5 mouse and the Z-5500 5.1 speakers, so I am a Logitech fan.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 05:29:30 PM »

Just installed the  Z-5500  and I'm pretty blown away. 
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 03:13:58 PM »

I love Logitech. Love my G15 keyboard.
And I was particularly fond of my G7 corless gaming mouse until it started registering single clicks as double-clicks (try and drag a file, and opens the file instead) abut 6 months after I got it. Their support was terrific, though, and they sent me a brand new G7 straight-away.
Now, about 8 months later, that new G7 is doing the double-click thing. Frustrating. Seems to be a common trouble with the G7.

To their credit, I've just been notified that they have just shipped me yet another G7. I'm apprehensive. I almost wish they'd sent another model this time, but then again, I've never found another mouse that responds as well (especially love the ability to change sensitivity on the fly) or feels as nice as the G7 (aside from that cursed double-click problem).
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 04:00:42 PM »

I didn't care much for the G7.  Mainly because I found it an annoyance having the constantly swap the battery out.  A minor nuisance to be sure but it really started to grate on me after 6 months so I ditched it and grabbed a wireless MS mouse that uses conventional batteries. 
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 04:19:20 PM »

<3 my Ergo 4000 keyboard.

My Harmony One rules all though.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 08:55:19 PM »

Quote from: Giles Habibula on April 16, 2008, 03:13:58 PM

And I was particularly fond of my G7 corless gaming mouse until it started registering single clicks as double-clicks (try and drag a file, and opens the file instead) abut 6 months after I got it. Their support was terrific, though, and they sent me a brand new G7 straight-away.
Now, about 8 months later, that new G7 is doing the double-click thing. Frustrating. Seems to be a common trouble with the G7.

To their credit, I've just been notified that they have just shipped me yet another G7. I'm apprehensive. I almost wish they'd sent another model this time, but then again, I've never found another mouse that responds as well (especially love the ability to change sensitivity on the fly) or feels as nice as the G7 (aside from that cursed double-click problem).

My MX700 started doing that and they sent me a MX1000. As I was waiting on the MX1000 to arrive the MX700 cleared up and I used it another year and a half before I switched the the MX1000. Im still using that MX1000.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 11:19:39 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on April 16, 2008, 08:55:19 PM

Quote from: Giles Habibula on April 16, 2008, 03:13:58 PM

My MX700 started doing that and they sent me a MX1000. As I was waiting on the MX1000 to arrive the MX700 cleared up and I used it another year and a half before I switched the the MX1000. Im still using that MX1000.

Interesting that it's such a common problem.  I used to use a MS optical trackball and without fail after about a year every one I had would start double clicking like that.  5 mice later I've given up on them.  Didn't realize other brands and models had the same issue.
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 01:14:18 AM »

I've also been a mostly loyal Logitech person over the years.  I currently use a Harmony 880, Z-640 speakers with the PC and Z4's in the kitchen to hook up my mp3 player to.  I went from an MX700 mouse to a G7 when I broke the end off the USB cable to the charger moving stuff around, I also keep a MX 510 in my laptop bag.  I've had several wingman sticks and pads over the years but I must say I now use the Saitek X52 Pro and a 360 gamepad with the PC.  I just moved from the Logitech black momo wheel to their new G25 wheel although I still prefer my old Act Labs shifter to the one that comes with the G25.  Now like some of the others I have gone away from Logitech when it comes to keyboards, the wireless comfort curve keyboards with the padded palm rests from MS are great, I have a spare sitting in a box just in case mine breaks and they don't make them anymore.  I also use a Zboard for WoW and FPS games.

I really didn't like the look of their new mouse so I went to their site and bought 8 more rechargeable batteries for my G7 as the 2 that came with it don't seem to hold a charge for near as long anymore.  I should say my dad also uses a G7 so some of those batteries are for him should he need some.

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: