http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 11:00:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LCD Monitors  (Read 6711 times)
gameoverman
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2005, 02:16:56 AM »

My brother got a Sony SDM-HS75P.   When he brought it over to show it to  me, I played a dvd of Attack of the Clones on it.  Wow!  :shock:

The images POPPED off the screen, it was really amazing.  I was really impressed with the depth of the colors and the brightness of the picture. I do see what people have said about LCDs- at anything but their native resolution the image suffers.  I didn't see any ghosting either.

The only negative I could see was that that picture is brighter at the bottom and as you go up it gets slightly darker.  I've read that this is a commonly seen effect, is that right?  I'm talking a very SLIGHT(but I can notice it) variation.

We tried it with the analog and DVI connections.  DVI made a huge difference, we both(and he's not into computers) could clearly see the improvement.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2005, 05:45:52 AM »

The NEC MultiSync 1970GX is out, apparently, though very hard to find still.  Has anyone seen it in action (or better yet purchased it) or seen a review yet?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2005, 04:06:00 AM »

Maybe someone can clarify this for me.  I'm looking into the new Viewsonic VX924 (which got an amazing review on Hardware Zone, though I haven't seen a review anywhere else).  It's 4ms response time is looking very nice, indeed.

I called to find out about color depth on the thing and was told it was "6-bit +2."  Now, I'm still fuzzy on the whole LCD color thing.  I understand 6-bit is not the same thing as it used to be on the CRT.  I guess 8 bit on an LCD is like 24 bit.  But what the hell does "6 bit +2" mean?

Also, those of you who are using 6 bit LCDs, is there a lot of dithering going on?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: