http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 02:42:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ipaq 3135 or Tungsten 3?  (Read 785 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2005, 04:07:03 AM »

I know the color vs. black and white argument...but which is the better of the two and why?  Any conclusions?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 05:31:06 AM »

Ive been thinking about my next step to replacing my aging PDA.  Im thinking something with WiFi and a web browser.

Im also not sure what future the Palm has.  The WinCE based devices seem to be more versatile, and have more of the mindshare now.  

Palm had a good head start on everyone else, but pretty much squandered it.  I'll likely be getting away from Palm, unless I get a Treo phone.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 01:26:27 PM »

I've always been on the Palm side of things, so I don't know what the PPCs are like in this day and age.

But I do know that the Treo 650 phone is a fantastic combination of phone and Palm Pilot. Does a little bit of everything very well. Just doesn't include the kitchen sink. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 04:48:17 PM »

The kistchen sink being WiFi.  That's my big problem with it.  No PDA through a phone company is going to include WiFi because they want you to use their clunky-ass browsers.  

Unfrotunately, along with WiFi and a browser, I want a keyboard.  The only one currently is the Tungsten C.  I was really waiting for an update to that one before upgrading, but then this whole Life Drive thing came out.  Now they seem to be going away from the things I want in a Palm.

Oh, and if "mindshare" means what I think it does (ie like a Q rating), I think Palm is still very strong and much further along than the Pocket PC.  I'm not saying the units are better.  Just that they are still what is thought of when someone says "PDA."

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 07:53:29 PM »

I meant more along the lines of having people writing stuff for it (in an open-source or freeware sense).

Personally, I've been hoping to get a PDA which is more like a PC; I was actually checking out the old Libretto on EBay; those things are great, I had one from work when they came out.  So small, and great for network troubleshooting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: