http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 08:43:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPad upgrade question  (Read 466 times)
Vinda-Lou
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2012, 01:25:09 PM »

Quick question:
I currently have the new iPad 16gb wifi version.  The storage space is making things tight; between games, apps, and books I do a lot of juggling.  I want to use some guitar apps that would take even more space up. 

So help talk common sense to me.  Is it worth paying an extra $150, give or take twenty bucks, to get the 32gb size one?  I am selling my 16gb for about $450 here and craigslist, and then buying the 32gb for $599.  Is doubling my storage size worth it, or should I continue to juggle and save the money for something else? 

I know this is s personal preference/decision, but has anyone done a similar upgrade and found it either worth it or not?  Any other advice?  Thanks.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:31:40 PM »

For me it's absolutely yes.  I hate having to manage media.  For instance I am stuck with a 16GB iPhone for work and I just don't bother putting ANYTHING on it any longer since it annoys me so much.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 04:40:53 PM »

From my Touch and iPad experience, 32GB has been my sweetspot though I think maybe I would've gotten the 64GB iPad if I'd really thought about my usage habits. I only have a few GB of available space on either device.

And really, the numbers are complete misnomers -- a 32GB model only has about 28.6GB that's usable etc. If only the 16GB, 32GB etc. truly meant the amount of space usable...

Be sure to check your iPad's Settings>General>Usage to see exactly what apps are gobbling the most space. I ditched some cool games that I basically hadn't even used in months, to get a bit more room on my iPad.

I mean, as long as you're not struggling financially to the point of being insolvent I'd actually tell you to go ahead and get the 64GB model if you're convinced you'll be adding more and more apps, books etc.

GarageBand is monstrous (1.1GB), so I could see some other music apps being space gobbling.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:42:59 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »

Well I sold my old iPad on Craigslist and then bought the 32gb one.  With icloud back up, I registered the new one and recovered everything.  Within minutes, the new iPad was set up just like the old one... but with twice as much room!  Cha-ching!  Bring on Baldur's Gate now!  And now I'm looking for extra cash for the Apogee Jam for my guitar so then I can really get this thing cooking!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: