http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 03:24:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPad browser pain - how to stop safari from opening?  (Read 1254 times)
Roman
Gaming Trend Senior Member

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2011, 12:57:22 AM »

Hi all. I use Mercury for my browsing needs on my iPad. However there are times when links either in emails or simply websites open only with Safari. Most notably when i am using the default mail app- clicked links open in safari. Pretty annoying. I have looked for anything in the settings that will kill this option to no avail.
Thoughts?

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:34:55 PM »

Quote from: Roman on April 18, 2011, 12:57:22 AM

Hi all. I use Mercury for my browsing needs on my iPad. However there are times when links either in emails or simply websites open only with Safari. Most notably when i am using the default mail app- clicked links open in safari. Pretty annoying. I have looked for anything in the settings that will kill this option to no avail.
Thoughts?

You maybe found this out weeks ago, but I did see this sort-of, partial-workaround at the Mercy Web Browser support site (suggestion to use their "bookmarklet" program so that links in Safari at least open up in Mercy -- doesn't help your issue with e-mails though, sorry) :
http://www.ilegendsoft.com/support/mercurybrowsersupport/
Can I set Mercury as default web browser?

iOS does not provide the option to customize default web browser.

At this moment, you can install “Mercury Bookmarklet” into Safari to open links with Mercury from Safari. Please follow the steps to install “Mercury Bookmarklet” into Safari:
1. Launch Mercury
2. Go to settings screen
3. For iPhone, tap “Bookmark Options” and then tap “Install Mercury Bookmarklet” and follow the instructions. For iPad, tap “Functions” on left panel and then tap “Install Mercury Bookmarklet” and follow the instructions.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: