http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 08:16:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intermittent USB sound issue  (Read 525 times)
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2013, 04:04:38 AM »

So my HDD died recently and I replaced it and found out that my CD-ROM drive died as well (trying to install Windows no less) and ended up replacing that too.  So I installed Windows (Vista 64 bit, and yes I know it is old) and now I am getting the USB sound when a USB device is plugged in randomly and several times an hour.  Needless to say, it is rather annoying and I am running out of ideas on how to fix this.  I tried uninstalling the USB drivers and letting Windows reinstall, but this is still happening.  I don't see any notification of a USB device being plugged in on the task bar.  The only USB devices plugged into my PC are my mouse and keyboard.  I have a Razer Naga mouse and standard Microsoft keyboard.  Any ideas on what to try next? Help!
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 04:11:47 AM »

You need to somehow both supply inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, and also automatically synchronize your cardinal grammeters.
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 03:58:28 AM »

Was looking for real help. icon_frown
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 05:34:37 AM »

This?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 01:39:16 PM »

Have you tried to use other USB mouse or keyboard? Problem like this can also from faulty USB devices.

If you have another USB keyboard, then try to use that and see if the problem go away. If not then you try replace the USB mouse. If you still have problem after both keyboard are mouse are replaced then at least you know the problem is not with the devices but with the computer (either software or hardware).

namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 04:39:10 PM »

Quote from: Purge on August 01, 2013, 05:34:37 AM

Thanks for the link, Purge.  Tried it and it says no problems detected.  Still getting that USB device connect sound though.

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on August 01, 2013, 01:39:16 PM

Have you tried to use other USB mouse or keyboard? Problem like this can also from faulty USB devices.

If you have another USB keyboard, then try to use that and see if the problem go away. If not then you try replace the USB mouse. If you still have problem after both keyboard are mouse are replaced then at least you know the problem is not with the devices but with the computer (either software or hardware).

That's a good idea, but I don't have a spare keyboard or mouse.  I'll try to dig some up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: