http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 02:14:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inkjet Printers  (Read 1511 times)
RookieCAF
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2004, 10:46:18 PM »

OK, My Lexmark Z51 is ticking me off, Had it for a few years and it simply doesn't impress me anymore. Getting sick of the expensive cartridge changes and less than stellar print quality.

Anyways, My ink is running low, and it would appear that I can upgrade to a better model printer for just a few bucks. In the latest Computer Shopper (Thanks GG Bargains Forum for the free sub slywink) They seem to like the Canon i560 and said it was reasonably priced, but I can't find it available anyplace. Anyone got reccomendations on a Sub-100 dollar inkjet thats pretty nice quality and is available?

PS. Don't bring HP into the thread slywink

~Rookie
Attitude Determines Altitude
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 11:22:17 PM »

Awhile back on GoneGold I asked for printer recommendations.  The majority recommended the Canon i960 which I ended up buying.  It was $150, which is a bit more than you were looking to spend but we've been very impressed by it.  It's quiet, prints sharp, clear text and the photo printing abilities are amazing.

If you can go $50 more, I'd certainly recommend it.
KC
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 01:10:59 AM »

If you primarily print in B&W, I would recommend getting a laser instead.  You can get a good one for less than $200 (Brother or Samsung) and the toner is a lot cheaper than ink cartridges on a cost/page basis (although the first toner cartridge will be pretty expensive compared to the first ink cartridge).
RookieCAF
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 01:48:50 AM »

Space is limited and I do need to print in color, so the laser would not be my first choice, I'm in a studio apartment  and don't have room for both. What I do like about the canons is the individual cartridges . My first inkjet was a Canon BJC600 smile

I'll take a look at the 960...

~Rookie
Attitude Determines Altitude
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: