http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 05:36:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Image Hosting Site Problems  (Read 2346 times)
archipelago
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 05:04:51 AM »

Would anyone have a clue as to what would be keeping me from using the numerous free image hosting sites that are out there (Imageshack, etc.)?

Upon trying to submit an image for hosting, be it jpg, gif or whatever, the page eventually times out. This happens with any site I attempt to use.

Everything works great if I submit from work so I'm a bit stumped.
Running Win XP if that helps..

:question:

the artist previously known as Adumir
STILL resident Kielslowski and Jennifer Jason Leigh obsessive
"Obviously, I need more Merlot..."
gameoverman
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 08:59:36 AM »

I just used Photobucket right now, works fine.

Are you sure your file sizes are within limits? Maybe they're too big. What speed connection do you have, broadband?
RookieCAF
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 11:19:23 AM »

I use my own webspace, works good smile

~Rookie
Attitude Determines Altitude
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

How do you connect to these sites?  Are they normal HTTP or HTTPS sites or maybe FTP?  Do you have a hardware firewall or software firewall like ICF or zonealarm installed and running?  If you have a software firewall have you tried to send the pics with the firewall closed?  How big are the pics...are they small optimized pictures for the web or 2-4MB monsters straight from the flash card of your camera?
archipelago
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 09:28:48 PM »

Thanks for all the responses!

Firstly, these are very compact files - 40-60k maximum. Luckily I know how to play the "crunch game."  smile

All the sites are normal HTTP sites - I have the wimpy firewall that is included with the stock Win XP package but I have attempted to upload the files both with it activated and shut down.

I do have some webspace kicking around so I suppose I'll have to go that route - it just REALLY bugs me not knowing what the solution is!   :x  biggrin

the artist previously known as Adumir
STILL resident Kielslowski and Jennifer Jason Leigh obsessive
"Obviously, I need more Merlot..."
RookieCAF
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 10:31:16 PM »

I hate having to use someone elses service when I can use Gallery on my own webspace..

At least I personally know our Webmaster and who to yell at when it don't work slywink

~Rookie
Attitude Determines Altitude
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 10:58:02 PM »

Quote from: "archipelago"
Thanks for all the responses!

Firstly, these are very compact files - 40-60k maximum. Luckily I know how to play the "crunch game."  smile

All the sites are normal HTTP sites - I have the wimpy firewall that is included with the stock Win XP package but I have attempted to upload the files both with it activated and shut down.

I do have some webspace kicking around so I suppose I'll have to go that route - it just REALLY bugs me not knowing what the solution is!   :x  biggrin

Well, I have Windows firewalll shut off and I'm using Zonealarm.  If I were you, I would attempt to upload something somewhere PRIVATE if possible. That way, you can establish that you are capable of uploading and these public sites are at fault. Since you have some webspace, I'd use that for the experiment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: