http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 05:11:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IE8  (Read 574 times)
snoleopard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
IE8
« on: December 04, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »

I know, I should have switched a long time ago. I have firefox, but some apps require that I also have IE, and since I'm the type that if it works well for me, I don't change, so... icon_redface.., I've still got IE6 but a lot of places say they are phasing out IE6, and I need to upgrade. Is IE8 a hassle? Does it work well? Any comments would be appreciated.

The quiet one.
dbt1949
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 09:58:50 PM »

I use Firefox but I find that for some things it appears I'm using IE also as I have cookies there. If this is so doesn't your computer automatically use IE unless you shut it off? (IE not allow cookies)

Ye Olde Farte
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 10:45:08 PM »

I have to run IE as well, due to .NET software the company I work for manufactures. I've found 8 to be quite poor, but no way near as poor as 7; 7 IMO was just flat out terrible. I'd say 6 was significantly more stable than both of it's successors. If you have to move off of 6 definitely go to 8.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 11:11:36 PM »

I actually really like IE8 - so much so that I've not even bothered to install Firefox on my Win7 machine at home.

gellar
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 04:35:48 AM »

Its worked fine for me as well as far as stability and ease of use but, I've had two recent virus attacks that have made their way in through IE exploits (using Cool so I'm trying to limit its use to necessary apps only.
snoleopard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 07:59:03 PM »

Thank you for the replies. I had heard the IE7 was terrible, but haven't heard a lot about 8. When my Son and daughter-in-law are home, they always use IE, don't know why, guess they just prefer it. Some apps I need IE for, but I keep getting a message that says 'this site will soon no longer support IE6, please upgrade to 7 or 8'. So, IE8 I guess it'll be. Thanks again. icon_smile

The quiet one.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 12:35:36 AM »

IE8 is far better than IE7.  It runs quicker, usually uses less memory and it's the new "standard" that Microsoft pushes for compatibility.  No problems but I still use firefox on a daily basis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: