http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 10:14:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I done Broke Something  (Read 1056 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2004, 12:57:24 PM »

Having problems with windows http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=43322#43322.

Now when the machine reboots I get 'NTSLDR.exe not found press ctrl alt del to reboot'.  At least I think that's the name of the file.

Any thoughts?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 02:21:20 PM »

I guess I'd be reinstalling Windows.  There might be a way to fix things but that sounds pretty messed up.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 09:22:54 PM »

You can do a repair install or try to.  If it works back up your data and I owuld then reformat and do a clean install.

Drifter
Hamsterball_Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 04:35:37 PM »

You didn't happen to leave a floppy in the drive did you?  I don't remember the exact wording but that sounds like the same message you get if the computer tries to boot from an NT/2000/XP formatted floppy.

(HBZ)
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 10:12:10 PM »

unfortunately, it looks like the file is ntldr.exe, which is the nt boot loader for the os.  i had this happen in class last year, and it required a reinstall to get it working again.  even though the file was present and i could copy a new one over from a working install, the os wouldn't start.  best case would be to boot up with the drive as a slave and copy files off it to another partition or a seperate drive.  if you had a windows ERD you could attempt a fix, but unless you made one beforehand, you can't get one now.  

last shot would be to reinstall windows over the top, although that might not fix it either.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: