http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 08:03:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HP Ipaq or Dell Axim: Which PDA is better?  (Read 813 times)
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: December 04, 2004, 12:10:25 AM »

I am wanting to get my wife a PDA and I am looking at one of these two:

HP Ipaq 3115 Mobile Media Companion
Dell Axim X50

The difference in price is only about $20.  The Dell has a faster processor and a wee bit more memory, but knowing nothing about PDA's, I want to get the best QUALITY one I can get of these two.  I am going with these two because the price is right for me and these are two major brands I feel I can (hopefully) trust.

Any feedback is appreciated.  I need to order rather soon to get by Xmas.

Thanks.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 01:32:36 AM »

I have an IPAQ (not that model, as mine is a few years old), and it's been trouble-free and a good companion.  I use it on a regular basis, and have been very pleased with no real complaints other than its size (its a bit to big to fit in a shirt pocket, so it goes either in my sportcoat jacket or pants pocket).

That being said, the last time I saw PC magazine, the top-ranked PDA was a Dell (don't remember the exact model# since I wasn't looking to buy one).

As someone who uses my PDA regularly, I'd recommend going with the faster processor.  Memory is cheap (and getting cheaper by the day), and can always be upgraded, so I wouldn't even consider that.  The processor, however, is with you until you get a new PDA.

- Don

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 01:17:08 AM »

I have had a Dell Axim X3i for nearly a year now (Santa brought it to me last year) and it is fabulous! At the time I chose it because it was getting good reviews and it was quite a bit cheaper than the competition. I just love the built-in Wi-Fi!

There was a very bizarre problem with it that I stumbled upon (I don't remember all the details), and after a brief troubleshooting session with Dell support I had a new one in a few days.

I'm a happy Dell camper!

(I'd go with the fast CPU too - you'll appreciate it a year from now)

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: