http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 05:54:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here`s a wierd windows xp question  (Read 722 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2005, 06:50:06 AM »

I`ve run XP Home and Pro on numerous machines and I`m pretty sure this has happened on all of them at one time or another. It`s not a big deal by any stretch of the imigination, but still annoying it is.

Anywho, in the start menu, where it says your most used programs in that list. I think there`s 5 of em. Well, mine aren`t correct sometimes. Some games and stuff are all accurate, but then some aren`t at all really. For instance right now I`m playing FEAR and COD2, it says fear and all is good. For COD2 it says safe mode...I`m not running it in safe mode and I never have...For painkiller it would say dedicated server, and I never ran it, just the game was ran but it showed up as that.

Any ideas on this one. I`m assuming it`s well know, but who know. Is the path right and just the shortcut wrong or the other way around? Any way around this nonsense :wink: .

No bites?  :oops:
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 02:24:00 AM »

Turn off that "frequently used" option.

That's just my preference.  I'm all about the classic start menu where I can see everything.  Just make sure you put everything in order.  I can't stand that newfangled new menu stuff.

No idea why it would have an issue with keeping the right programs straight, unfortunately.  I've honestly never heard of that happening.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 05:00:16 AM »

Hmmm. I actually like the XP look of things... :shock: . Like I said it`s a silly little issue, but a issue none the less...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: