http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 07:46:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Floaty/Laggy mouse issues  (Read 985 times)
dkass
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2008, 10:39:20 AM »

I have a Logitech G9 and recently, I have been having some issues with what feels like a floaty and laggy mouse in games (Turok, Alone in the Dark). This seems to happen both during game play and in the options screen when I pause. Strangely, no issues on the menu screen. This doesn't happen with every game either--no problems with Bioshock or Gears of War. Any thoughts?
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 09:03:06 AM »

My first thought would be to turn down the resolution or graphical options.
If my new games are set too high for my system, my mouse will become decidedly less responsive.

I've got Turok, and it's a system hog--had to turn the graphics way down to get decent mouse response.
I've also got Bioshock, which has a great engine. I can run that game at much higher graphical options with no mouse lag whatsoever.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:05:29 AM by Giles Habibula » Logged
Freezer-TPF-
Gaming Trend Senior Member

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 05:25:11 PM »

It could be a mouse acceleration issue.  Though I remember that being a complaint with some people about Bioshock, yet that is one of the games you say works okay for you (perhaps they fixed it, or your issue is something else entirely).  Anyway, you might want to look for mouse options in those games like mouse acceleration/smoothing/filtering and twiddle with those.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: