http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 12:49:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD burning questions  (Read 1731 times)
Zarkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2004, 02:08:01 AM »

I just got a new DVD+-R drive, and was trying to burn some music videos to DVD.  I used Nero Vision Express 2, and set it up, spent 9 hours burning it (4 hours of video), and put it in my set top DVD player...it plays, but no sound.  On my PC, it plays just fine.

Also, with NVE2, I tell it to burn it again, and it dosen't use -or- delete the temp files created, just tells me I'm out of room.

any ideas on either of these issues, or a better set of programs and instructions on how to convert video to DVD format, author, burn, et al?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 03:17:21 AM »

Two things I can think of.  Have you updated NeroVision to the latest version?  They regularly release bugfixes.  Also, are you sure you burned to a DVD format your standalone DVD player can read?  For example, mine only reads DVD-R not DVD+R or DVD rewriteables.  Beyond that I'm not much help.
Also, did you choose DVD+VR?  Your player might not support that format.

Something else: in the screen where you can add videos there is a box at the bottom that says "More".  Click on it and go to Video Options then go to the DVD video tab.  Make sure the Audio Format is set to something your standalone can play.  I think AC-3 is standard and my standalone never has problems playing that.  Yours might require LPCM.  Whichever you choose make sure your player supports that format.

Hope that helps.  I really love the Nero suite and use it all the time.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 03:38:55 AM »

I'm very confused as to why it took nine hours to burn 4 hrs of video. Did you mean the conversion process took 9 hours?
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 03:48:51 AM »

I did not use DVD-VR.  I did use a DVD+RW disk, which Nerd Out says my player (Apex 1110-W) should be able to play.  And it -did- play it, although without sound.  And yeah, I had AC-3 enabled for the sound choice.

Yeah, it took 9 hours to encode/burn. smile
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 05:02:48 AM »

9 hours seems like a long time.  What format were the files originally in?

Have you tried to play the disc in any other DVD player besides the one on your computer?  I'd try that and it if works in another player it may be there is something incompatible about your player.  My Panasonic handles anything I throw at it but I'm not sure about Apex.

Also, that site you referenced talks about installing different (hacked?) firmware versions.  If you've done that, it may be it has introduced incompatibilities.

Does your player handle discs burned by other people?
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 05:23:13 PM »

I haven't installed any firmware in the Apex, haven't really -had- to.  I had a DVD-R someone else burned, and it played, but skipped from time to time, and took about 5 minutes to load.  

As far as the encoding, most of the files were mpgs, a few were divx/xvid.  

I'm told that 2x the video time for authoring/converting is normal.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 12:14:12 PM »

I had an Apex with the region free firmware and it worked much better after than it ever did right out of the box.  One problem may be the RW disc...I had problems in many commercial DVD players with DVDRW discs...either they don't play or don't play correctly.  Have you tried using a regular +R or -R disc and trying it?  Since it's already encoded you should just have to burn it again.  

BTW, more ram and a faster processor will speed up every part of authoring and encoding video and check for new software....there are many free alternatives that blow the doors off of Nero.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: