http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 06:54:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dropped WD external passport...  (Read 771 times)
Vinda-Lou
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2011, 01:31:45 AM »

It f-ing figures...  Finally get to the point of fixing up my computer and the F-ing drive fell two feet to the floor.  An external 1 tb My Passport drive.  It is recognized by the computer, and even allows a little file transferring.  I copied something to the drive, something from the drive to the computer, and deleted something from the drive.  But it keeps hanging up, and doesn't always work.  I know I will most likely need to buy a new one, but in the meantime, ALL of my things are on this drive.  I am going to install Win 7 64-bit onto my Vista 32-bit computer, and I was just about to transfer files first, for safe keeping.  And wouldn't you F-ing know it.... mad mad mad mad mad

Anyway... does anyone have experience in this situation? ...Besides "get a new drive"...  The drive is recognized, I can open it, but some folders and files appear to be problematic so far.  Please help!
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 02:14:42 AM »

Think it's working again... Was able to get it all going fine.  Now transferring tons of files with fingers crossed. 

I took the drive out of the casing and kicked it a few times.  Think I am overloading it though with too much to transfer at once. 
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »

Quote from: Vinda-Lou on November 07, 2011, 02:14:42 AM

I took the drive out of the casing and kicked it a few times.  
That makes me feel better about banging the top of my HP PC's case to quiet down the occasionally buzzing hard drives.  smirk If I bang it hard enough, I can make it reboot!  biggrin

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 07:13:57 AM »

It could be that the hard drive is fine but the controller is bad.  That happened to me and I just got a USB to Sata connector to get the data off.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: