http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 12:23:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creative Audigy 2 driver issues!!! Can anyone help?  (Read 669 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2005, 10:22:40 PM »

Ok, here`s the deal...

This PC is a falcon northwest, I`ve been very happy with it, but that`s beside the point :wink: .

Last time after I ran my rescue disk, I went to update my sound drivers just like many times before. This time it says it cannot detect my card...even though windows sees it, and even though it works fine with the drivers that are currently installed. This was through the auto-update feature on the creative site. So, I tried the manual update...the same thing. I looked on the forums and this is definately a widespread issue.

I spoke with the excellent support at falcon(and I`m waiting to hear from them as we speak) and the one guy said he has seen this 2 dozen times! :shock: . He says( I think so anywho, that`s what I am waiting to confirm) that a full reinstall of windows did the trick. Well, I`d obviously rather just run the rescue disk, cuz it`s ALOT less work and the drivers on there seem good enough...for now...Then I look around at the creative forums and lots of people have reinstalled windows etc, and still no luck. I don`t want to do MORE work and have no drivers at all, but I don`t want to run the rescue disk and be "stuck" with dated drivers...

Any ideas? Has anyone here heard of this, or witnessed this themselves?

On top of all of that I tried some work around on the forums and it gave me a blue screen and my sound drivers are now corrupted or missing...and my pc beeps...Which is fine since I`m going to redo everything one way or another, BUT, I`d like some plan of attack here so I only redo things once. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:27:46 PM »

Well, your sound card is an old one (by Creative's standardards). Once it's older than a month or two, Creative no longer supports the thing with driver updates, patches, or any general fixes at all.

The only solution? Buy a new sound card.

Sorry - I have this thing against Creative, as my statement above is pretty close to the truth.

Live with the dated drivers. Be glad it works and hope nothing goes wrong as Creative doesn't support their 'old' products.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: