http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 08:16:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burning App suggestions needed.  (Read 1477 times)
Thin_J
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2004, 07:16:45 AM »

Here's the deal, I have some 400 + store-bought cd's that I used to drag about 250 of around with me in my car. Idea being I would have them for long drives when I wanted them, as that's when I listen to music the most. Well, now I commute a great deal farther to work than I used to, but unfortunately do not trust the neighborhood I work in for someone to not walk up to the car, put their face to the glass so they can see through the tint, and then break in and steal my cd's.

Up to this point I've been using CDex to rip the tracks to mp3 on my hard drive, and then using the mp3's ripped at 256kb/s to make the copied cd. To burn the new cd's I've been using Deepburner, and it's done an excellent job. The issue is that it doesn't copy the cd's exactly this way, and nor does it have a "copy cd" option.

Is there a free(!!) burning app that allows this? Or one that has a free version that allows the copy cd option? There are cd's where the whole disc is one continuous song, but if burned from mp3's I get the usual breaks in between each track. Deepburner doesn't have any options for this. It's especially effected a couple of cd's I've been enjoying lately, like Green Day's newest.

I've hunted but have been unable to find anything. Perhaps someone with a little more time into the whole burning thing can help. I've never had a burner before and I've only just started messing with this in the last several days.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 02:23:22 PM »

Burn 4 Free works fine by me.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 09:26:27 PM »

I swear by Alcohol 120% and Nero as a pair.  Anything that one can't handle, the other can. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 06:14:15 AM »

I had Burn 4 Free downloaded and installed, but it simply refused to do anything with the green day cd, while CDex was able to see the audio tracks just fine. I was more than a little confused by that.

Also, it lacks it's advertised option of "Two click Copy CD option". There's a disclaimer saying that will be added in a future release.

I'll look into a combo of Alcohol and Nero.

Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 03:59:51 AM »

FYI, many new CD's have some sort of copy protection built in - which may be your problem with Green Day etc...

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 04:19:06 AM »

Pyper, the Green Day cd burns to my hard drive just fine. No errors. The problem is that when I burn the tracks to a new CD, the burning program doesn't have any way of editing the amount of dead time between tracks, or an option to burn all the files as one big consecutive song. It's just not there.

The cd burned fine on a friend's computer, but he forked up the dough for the big fancy shmancy version of Nero.

I can't bring myself to do that simply because I really don't burn things all that often.

Hamsterball_Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 09:29:23 PM »

It's been a while since I burned MP3s but I used Exact Audio Copy with LAME as the MP3 encoder.  Worked really well but I think the setup was a little tricky since the encoder is separate.

(HBZ)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: