http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 05:43:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Backing up installation of MS Office 2010 to flash drive?  (Read 1259 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2012, 08:51:52 PM »

Having recently picked up a new laptop, I already backed up my Windows 7 OS on a flash drive.  However, now that I've downloaded a free copy of MS Office 2010 Professional Plus through my university I was hoping to back that installation up as well in case of an HD failure.  Is there a way to save an installation backup of MS Office onto a flash drive like my Windows 7 OS?

Also, my laptop does not have a CD/DVD drive, so ordering a backup disc isn't a preferred option.  I was hoping to create my own backup from what has already been installed, if possible of course.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:58:43 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »

Your best bet is just to copy the installer file to the drive and then reinstall if/when required.

Unless the Windows architecture has changed drastically in the past few years, backing up full installs of specific apps just isn't really possible.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:42:33 PM »

You may try downloading the trial version here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/ee390818.aspx

Then register it with your product key.  This works with some MS products - not sure if this is one of them though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: