http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 04:35:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone try the new logitech mx1000 wireless mouse?  (Read 2561 times)
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2004, 03:48:08 AM »

Looks nice and i will probably get it, but at $70 i can't help but wonder if it is truly worth it.
Jag
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 08:38:01 PM »

I've been thinking about this as well. Post your thoughts if you are brave enough to pick it up.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 09:24:27 PM »

My best friend just got one. He's got loads of extra cash though, so for him it was no big deal. I'd certainly consider it a luxury item. I used it a bit, and well, it was nice and all but it didn't revolutionize the mouse interface or anything smile  It is extremely smooth though.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 05:24:41 AM »

any idea about the battery life while playing games?  My friend had an older one and said that it had problems when power gaming (although I don't think it used the recharger stand system).

Sandwiches do fix everything.
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 05:30:26 AM »

Quote from: "EngineNo9"
any idea about the battery life while playing games?  My friend had an older one and said that it had problems when power gaming (although I don't think it used the recharger stand system).

I use the MX700 and the battery lasted for about 7 - 10 hours without recharging. I've had this for almost 2 years and love it. Only issue I have is that the mouse doesn't always set right in the charger/receiver base. I usually have to futz around with it to get the mouse to start charging but that's a minor issue.

The MX1000 will be my next upgrade if I can score it for $20 like I did the MX700.

How does this work again?
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 12:20:44 PM »

My friend said the batteries last a LONG time. he's amazed at how long he's been able to go between charges.
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 01:57:38 PM »

Quote from: "wankerjr"

I use the MX700 and the battery lasted for about 7 - 10 hours without recharging. I've had this for almost 2 years and love it. Only issue I have is that the mouse doesn't always set right in the charger/receiver base. I usually have to futz around with it to get the mouse to start charging but that's a minor issue.

BAH I have the exact same problem with my mx700! my battery does seem to last for nearly 24 hours though.
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 04:01:02 AM »

Come on guys! nobody has this top of the line mouse yet? i was almost going to get it, but then i read some user reviews which mentioned defects in some of the mouses that caused them to wobble (bottom is uneven). Looking at their support forum showed that the defect seems to be in a decent enough number of mouses and i for one, don't feel like buying the mouse from the store, sending it to logitech and then waiting 4-6 weeks (i think that is how long they said) to get it replaced.
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 12:06:03 PM »

I have one.

I think it's a very nice mouse, and longevity of the battery is LONG. It uses a litheon battery which recharges pretty quickly in the dock, so I don't see an issue here no matter who you are.

It's extremely responsive and smooth. Sensitivity of movement feels on par with Razer Boomslang 2100, which was my previous mouse. Ergonomically it's also great.

The only negative so far, is that the metallic label on the back of the mouse, wasn't attached properly, so it was slightly loose. I removed it, since the adhesive was worn and I couldn't get it to stick as it should. Don't know if this will be a common problem, but I doubt it. It doesn't feel cheap, even if this makes it sound so.

The buttons feel good and you can customize them as you wish. The scroll wheel is also fine, if a bit sensitive, but remember that I just had a Razer mouse which has an extremely "firm" feel about it.

All in all, unless you have a problem paying a little extra for quality, I see no reason not to get one.
Kurth
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 03:22:17 AM »

I've got the mx700.  Never been a "fancy mouse" guy, but I got it at with on sale with rebates for something like 29.99.  Outstanding mouse!  No problems with the battery, great sensitivity and precision.  I'm really pleased with it.  Don't know what the mx100 improvements are, but if it's at least as good as the mx700 (and you want/need a wireless mouse), I doubt you can go wrong.

Another GoneGold refugee.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 04:29:03 AM »

I love my mx700 also. The thing with the mx1000 is its a true laser mouse...the mx700 and all others use a LED light to light up the surface the mouse is on and a camera in the mouse takes pictures. The mx1000 uses a laser only to judge the surface changes during movement.

So anyways what did you end up getting?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2004, 05:48:12 PM »

Well, i bought the mouse today. From a few seconds use, it seems more precise and accurate than my mx700, but i will post a small blurb about it after more use.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2004, 08:43:35 PM »

I'd get one but only if I could up the power on the laser to cut through stuff so I could hold the world ransom for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2004, 08:47:15 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
I'd get one but only if I could up the power on the laser to cut through stuff so I could hold the world ransom for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

I think that is more than made up for by the ability to tape the mouse to a shark so that you have sharks with lasers on their heads Tongue
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 10:50:35 PM »

thought i'd chime in.

i've had this one for over a month now, and it runs just fine in all the games.  battery life is long, but seeing as how i don't run many marathon gaming sessions with it on one charge, i don't know exactly how long the lifespan is.  

i bring it with my laptop and it's on for 8-10 hours a day for quite a few days before it needs charging.  having the auto-off function helps a lot i think.  

compared to the mx510 i have at home, i like the ergonomics of the new mouse much more that one.  moving the app switch button to the side actually makes it useful, for instance.  it's such an improvement for me that i would buy a wired laser mouse with the same layout.  i do think it's a little odd that they didn't bring one out with the cordless.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 03:00:15 PM »

I current use the MX700 and got the bug to spend some cash so I bought the MX1000 from Newegg for $62 yesterday.  Hopefully it will show up on Monday.

Drifter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: