http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 07:19:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody here do laptop repair?  (Read 1070 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2007, 01:35:56 AM »

I have a 4 year old laptop that is broken. There is something wrong with the battery and the power thingy that attached inside the case to plug the regular battery into is also broken and thus does not work.I tried to unscrew the case to repair it but suffice it to say that did not work and I am concerned that I might have made other issues by doing that. This has sat for like 1.5 years now and I just thought now to ask if someone here does laptop repair. Would pay shipping both ways and send a game or whatever. Let me know if anyone has ideas.
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:40:46 AM »

I can ask my friend Ian, Calvin, he might be able to help ya out
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 09:49:48 AM by ROTC1983 » Logged

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 09:36:37 AM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on February 06, 2007, 01:40:46 AM

I can ask my friend Ian, Cavlin, he might be able to help ya out

Man I would appreciate it. I would love to salvage the laptop.
ROTC1983

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 09:50:08 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 06, 2007, 09:36:37 AM

Quote from: ROTC1983 on February 06, 2007, 01:40:46 AM

I can ask my friend Ian, Cavlin, he might be able to help ya out

Man I would appreciate it. I would love to salvage the laptop.

NP, I believe I work with him tomorrow, so I will let you know.  If not, I will call him.

javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 02:03:59 PM »

I had a laptop go bust, and it took me a long time to learn how to take it apart. I rendered it useless in my attempts, but it wasn't a great laptop anyway and I learned a ton.

The trick is that the main screw is under the keyboard. There's usually only a couple pinch-tabs to get the keyboard off the laptop.
I still have most of the pieces if you need any. (2Ghz cpu, CD Rom, a battery -- no guarantee that it works but will send at cost of shipping)

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 07:56:29 PM »

Quote from: javahead on February 06, 2007, 02:03:59 PM

I had a laptop go bust, and it took me a long time to learn how to take it apart. I rendered it useless in my attempts, but it wasn't a great laptop anyway and I learned a ton.

The trick is that the main screw is under the keyboard. There's usually only a couple pinch-tabs to get the keyboard off the laptop.
I still have most of the pieces if you need any. (2Ghz cpu, CD Rom, a battery -- no guarantee that it works but will send at cost of shipping)

Much appreciated-as I said, I think the primary issue is that the power pin inside the laptop (that you plug the battery into), has somehow snapped off its little electrical housing board. That is the thing that might make everything work if fixed.
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 06, 2007, 07:56:29 PM

Much appreciated-as I said, I think the primary issue is that the power pin inside the laptop (that you plug the battery into), has somehow snapped off its little electrical housing board. That is the thing that might make everything work if fixed.
Ah, didn't see that. It is exactly what happened to mine. I could never find a replacement part for it.

My boy knocked it off the coffee table and it, of course, managed to land on the power adapter which broke the metal contact inside the laptop.

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
ROTC1983

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 09:47:05 PM »

Calvin, do you have a pic of the issue on hand by any chance?

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 03:25:47 AM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on February 06, 2007, 09:47:05 PM

I will try to take one tomorrow or the next day, I need to get the laptop here then take the girls camera to take the picture.
ROTC1983

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 08:51:16 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 07, 2007, 03:25:47 AM

Quote from: ROTC1983 on February 06, 2007, 09:47:05 PM

I will try to take one tomorrow or the next day, I need to get the laptop here then take the girls camera to take the picture.

Cool, thank you biggrin

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 04:58:20 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 06, 2007, 07:56:29 PM

It's a Compaq isn't it? I have to get mine fixed as well.

If he doesn't go for that I could be interested.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: