http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 09:55:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7900 GT Drivers?  (Read 1509 times)
frost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2006, 03:48:38 PM »

I'm running forceware driver 83.91 on my 7900 GT, and would like to install a driver from the 84.xx series.  Problem is, every time I try to install them, it says it's not compatible.  I've noticed other 7900 GT users with 84.xx drivers when comparing 3dmark scores.  Anyone know if i can override or force the install of the drivers i want?
Dreamshadow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 04:08:08 PM »

Quote from: "frost"
I'm running forceware driver 83.91 on my 7900 GT, and would like to install a driver from the 84.xx series.  Problem is, every time I try to install them, it says it's not compatible.  I've noticed other 7900 GT users with 84.xx drivers when comparing 3dmark scores.  Anyone know if i can override or force the install of the drivers i want?

I believe they are using the OmegaDrivers (http://www.omegadrivers.net).  I'm about to buy an Evga 7900GT...how are you likin your 7900?

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
frost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 08:04:04 AM »

can't say i have any complaints.  It's an excellent card, and priced very well.  Just make sure your BIOS are correct.  My EVGA was properly set when i received it, but there are a  number of people who had slower clock speeds from the factory (wrong bios i think).  I went with EVGA because they supposedly have excellent support (not that i've needed it), and they have their step us program.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 11:34:13 PM »

My advice is to avoid evga.  I had one that was a 7800, and it fried in a couple of weeks.  Massive tearing and artifacts all over the screen and what not.  I suggest going to the evga forum and looking at the posts there.  SO many people have complained about their cards screwing up.  Anyway, thankfully the company I ordered it ran out of stock on the evga 7800 gt so they sent me a BFG 7900 GT for the same price.  I am much happier with this card.

frost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 11:23:49 AM »

yeah it's true that there are quite a number of people having problems with the new EVGA products, but their customer support is very good, and I really like their step-up program.  Leadtek looks like they have a nice 7900GT card as well.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 09:25:38 PM »

I was really high on the eVGA cards since they are putting out some nice stuff for those of us stuck in the AGP era.  I'm glad I've been reading their forums before buying because the card I was looking at seems to have a ton of problems.  They do sound as if they have excellent customer service but I really don't think I want to go through the hassle.  Might be looking at the BFG stuff unless eVGA can sort this stuff out.

I've had two or three Leadtek cards and had no issues whatsoever with them so I might give them a shot.  At this point I'm really looking for the top of the line AGP part available.  I haven't run into too many issues with my 9800 Pro but I haven't thrown any of the newest titles at it yet.  Unfortunately I don't really have the desire to rebuild the entire system with a PCI-Express mobo.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 09:14:38 AM »

I have a BFG 6800 GT and I love this thing. I had to call them once for something, and get this...it actually seemed like they knew what they were talking about Tongue .
frost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 01:23:58 PM »

yeah i've great things about BFG, but I also heard they were having alot of problems with their 7900Gt cards.  Many people complained on Newegg that capacitors broke off (mostly before or during shipping).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: