http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 06:27:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Vista 32]No joblist anymore  (Read 677 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »

So - after having some virus attacks a while ago,which I beat with threadfire, I know find myself in the curious situation of having NO joblist anymore...

Also, once in a while, windows asks to be startet in "repair mode" after a restart, but, when I select the option, nothing happens, andI have to just start windows normally

Please - Help me obi-wan-GT-Hivemind...you are my only hope!

A new one
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 09:01:38 AM »

No joblist?  Is that something like the task manager in XP?  If so, it's likely you've still got a virus, or are still suffering the effects of one.  Many viruses that arne't good at hiding will actively disable your task manager, run command, or anything else you could potentially use to stop the virus program from running and delete it.

Thankfully such viruses are easier to detect and remove with the right software since they don't really bother hiding, or digging too deep into the OS.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:28:33 AM »

hmm, yeah - thought as much...and thanks for the answer :-)

it IS the same as Taskmanager yes...and I figured it was something like that - gah..hate reinstalling, but hopefully I can do it without having to clean out everything...would hate to reinstall all my other programs :-(

A new one
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 10:03:43 AM »

While reinstalling is the only way to be sure, you can have someone burn a virus cleaning bootable CD for you to run on your PC.

I forgot which virus protection software have such capabilities, but I know there's some that can be downloaded from the internet.  This would allow you to clean out your system without letting the virus run first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: