http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 06:06:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Connecting PVR to home theatre and TV  (Read 1477 times)
Arclight
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »

I'm having a brain fart guys. It all worked perfectly before moving. The rogers PvR has a hdmi out, and my Samsung home theatre has one hdmi out. I can get the 5.1 to work for DVD, I just ran the hdmi out of the Samsung to hdmi-1 on the tv. But I can't figure out how to get the surround sound to work for tv watching.

I ran the red and white audio cables from pvr to tv. All I get watching tv is the tv speakers. It would be easy if the Samsung had two hdmi. I could run hdmi from pvr to the hdmi in, on the Samsung.

But I had it all running fine before the move using the same components and the same wires and cords.
What am I doing wrong?

As is...the pvr is hooked up to the tv via Ypbr and the DVD via hdmi.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:52:31 PM »

1: shouldnt both your pvr be feeding into the home theatre, and the ht then feeds the tv? same for the dvd player? (dvd player integrated into home theatre?)
2: were you perhaps using the audio out on the tv in some way to feed back into the home theatre? (probably only stereo out, so this solution is unlikely to work, at least as 5.1)

Limited knowledge of the inputs and outputs on your home theatre system prevent a clear answer, unfortunately.

Atomic
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 10:54:20 PM »

And yes, you're having a brain fart. Whooped by a home theatre setup. The shame. biggrin

Atomic
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 02:56:29 PM »

Yes, Ideally I would have two hdmi slots on my home theatre-blu-ray player. But there is only one. So I know I do Hdmi out from Home-T into Hdmi on the TV.
So, the PvR has one Hdmi slot-out. So could I run another Hdmi cable from PvR to the TV, into say, Hdmi 2. And some how use the sound cables from the PvR to the Home theatre receiver?
Boy did this brain fart stink....I saw people running down the street yelling, GAS! GAS! GAS!...

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: