http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 03:56:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Warcraft: TCG  (Read 4693 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2006, 07:24:24 PM »

This game is really fun.  Very similar to Magic before Magic got really convoluted and confusing.  paranoid

If you liked anything about Magic, I'd check it out.  Been having a blast playing.  Added bonus if you play WoW online, some cards have codes that you can turn in and get 'real' loot for your 'real' character.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 09:16:01 PM »

Gf and I have been playing sort of off and on.  We both bought starter decks when they came out.  She got a troll mage, I got Night Elf Druid.  I dont like the deck, its all built around healing, hers is built around blasting.  Its a long game in which she kills me everytime.  So we stopped.  Eventually I found someplace else with starters.  So I bought another.  I got.....wait for it.....the same stupid druid deck.  So I rebuilt the one with cards from both.  Same outcome.  Recently though we were able to get ahold of boosters.  So i now have some DAMAGE cards for my druid deck.  I have rebuilt the deck again, but we have yet to try it out.  I also purchased ONyxia raid decks for both of us.  Now we just need friends.  Oh well.

I do think its a pretty cool game. 
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 04:06:47 AM »

The different classes definitely play completely differently.  We've run into similar problems with starters where sometimes the deck just doesn't match how that person likes to play. 

Check out http://www.wowtcgame.com/deckbuilder/  you can make a deck using all the cards, export the file and load it in a program that works like a virtual table allowing you to test your deck or actually play against others over a network or internet.  Pretty smooth.  Card art is available and all.

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 06:42:34 PM »

I've actually been buying and drooling over the cards since they came out...no real shortages around here except for the starter decks.  I know though that buying one starter package and probably 6-8 boosters and I already have 6-7 different heroes and a nice variety of skills and "resources" for both the horde side and alliance side.  Just wish I could find one of those in game cards...hence the real reason I've bought so many boosters.  Gonna try to find another starter deck and whine until my wife tries it out with me though today Tongue

EDIT: Well, booster packs were out but I got another starter deck.  Did very well and got the warlock themed one with the infernal (purple) and voidwalker and lots of warlock abilities.  Managed another couple heroes and two more purples from the 2 booster packs that came with it.  Honestly I'm just glad I didn't get a duplicate of my main deck smile

« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:26:54 PM by ericb » Logged
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 12:59:03 AM »

Why are you guys buying multiple starter decks? The first starter get is just to get you rolling, from there you should be buying the boosters or even a box of boosters. I've been playing this game for a few months now, my friend and I usually go in half and half on a box of boosters (which goes for $100) and we've bought about three boxes so far. Both of us have 3-4 decks built which isn't hard because the allies and resources are interchangeable between heroes, as well as the neutral abilities.

Just wish I could find one of those in game cards...hence the real reason I've bought so many boosters.

Good luck man, in 3 boxes of boosters, two starter kits, and dozens of boosters, I still haven't seen a single one.

I think it's an awesome game though, the satisfaction of beating an opponent is hard to compare with.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 03:30:42 PM »

I bought starter kits for a number of reasons...one is my wife wanted her own  :slywink: But also the booster packs have been sold out but there are a number of starter kits around.  At least each kit does include another two booster packs in it so the price isn't bad and I've been lucky and gotten three different "builds" so far and a number of UR cards (but no special loot cards).
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 08:15:40 AM »

I got several loot cards from my purchases. 

I've been playing this game competively since my last post and got qualified to go to Nationals at Gencon in August to compete for the National championship and $100,000. 

Game is very deep, fun and really can work the mind on deck construction.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 08:16:07 AM »

Oh, and I went to the sneak preview and got a bunch of the new cards from Through the Dark Portal
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 01:47:45 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 04, 2007, 08:16:07 AM

Oh, and I went to the sneak preview and got a bunch of the new cards from Through the Dark Portal

Right there with you.  The wife and I were at a sneak preview event in Fort Worth this weekend.  She hadn't played before but now she always wanting to know if I want to play a round with her.  Got some good cards from Dark Portal too and went 2w/2l with a Blood Elf Paladin deck using the Unstoppable Force and Blessing of Sacrifice. 8dmg a turn for four resources from my hero really tore people and allies up.

If you want to look at the cards, go here: http://wowtcgdb.com/cards.aspx  These can show just card data or the images as well.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 09:36:58 AM »

I ended up winning the pre-release and got my 10 packs, plus my sister, niece and nephew all got me 1 pack each plus the EA card.  New set is pretty deep.  Now I gotta figure out where the game is going so I do well at Nationals @ Gencon
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 02:45:39 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 29, 2007, 09:36:58 AM

I ended up winning the pre-release and got my 10 packs, plus my sister, niece and nephew all got me 1 pack each plus the EA card.  New set is pretty deep.  Now I gotta figure out where the game is going so I do well at Nationals @ Gencon

When's that? Where's the thread gonna be blogging your progress?

So you're, like, good at every game too.

We need a l33t forum so you and PS can make fun of us commoners.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 02:56:10 PM »

Why is it that everytime someone mentions anything WoW I get an itch to play it?  It's probably a good thing that no one I know who is local plays the CCG or else I'd be in trouble.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 06:55:45 PM »

I'm gonna try to get to Chicago for the Darkfaire and see how it goes.

Gencon is late July in Indianapolis, and I hope to do well at Nationals but sadly haven't touched the game in almost 2 months so it's not very likely at this point.

I am good at MOST games, not all slywink
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 07:52:05 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 30, 2007, 02:56:10 PM

Why is it that everytime someone mentions anything WoW I get an itch to play it?  It's probably a good thing that no one I know who is local plays the CCG or else I'd be in trouble.

The addiction is still there! I've quit WoW 2-3 times now but always end up coming back, this time though I'm selling my account. That way, if I have an itch to play, I know it would take way more effort than it's worth to scratch it.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 11:00:31 AM »

I'm interested in knowing what kind of giveaway GT's having since I'm obviously into the TCG slywink
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 05:57:28 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 25, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

I'm interested in knowing what kind of giveaway GT's having since I'm obviously into the TCG slywink

We'll have a contest that anyone can enter, including anyone who hasn't played the game.  A few goodies will be given away, and it will be worth the wait.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 01:49:09 AM »

bye bye.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 03:34:17 AM »

Man, too bad for Hark who's been so hardcore into this game he hasn't posted about it in 6 years. slywink

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 03:42:40 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on August 26, 2013, 03:34:17 AM

Man, too bad for Hark who's been so hardcore into this game he hasn't posted about it in 6 years. slywink

LOL, I figured it......  THE DEAD SHALL WALK THE EARTH..... wasn't worth a new thread.

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: