http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 10:33:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voltron tabletop?  (Read 2829 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2009, 12:46:16 AM »

it's going to be an add-on for a game called Monsterpocalypse.  I've never heard of the game, but this kinda makes me want to get it.  I may have to look around Origins this year to see if anyones playing the game to see what it's like.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »

I've almost picked Monsterpocalypse up on more than one occasion.  I need to actually play it at gencon this year.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 05:00:40 AM »

Remind me and I will try to contact the company that is making the game and I'll try to get more information if you want me to.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:36:54 AM »

Quote from: Graham on April 24, 2009, 05:00:40 AM

Remind me and I will try to contact the company that is making the game and I'll try to get more information if you want me to.

I'd definitely like more information on it, more specifically how financially solvent is the company that's behind it. I've already thrown too many $ into a few tabletops that fizzled and don't really want to go down that path again. I'd also like some details about the underlying gaming system.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 12:56:44 AM »

Also, Monsterpocalypse is a Collectable game, which makes me that much more leery of it.  Though, the BGG forums really seem to like the game itself (not the collectability).

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 12:26:33 PM »

I've got some friends who play this fairly often.  They seem to really like it.  I definitely am not big on collectable miniature games.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 03:48:04 AM »

I follow the board/miniature/card game industry well so I can answer your questions.

First, Privateer Press, the company behind Monsterpocalypse and the upcoming Voltron expansion, is not going anywhere.  They're pretty much financially stable, and are actually putting out a lot new stuff.

It's collectable, but you can probably just go buy singles of whatever you need, and you don't need that much.

The gameitself is good, pretty fun.  I'm just getting into it myself although I hate collectible games, this one is simple, light, and fun so a great game to play between heavier games.
D.irola
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 04:16:08 PM »

I never got into Voltron. I didnt like anime back then. I loved how bad the Power Rangers acting was. I wonder how many drinking games were made from that show.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 04:58:46 AM »

Rise from your grave!

It looks like this will be coming out soon and there is a possibility I'll be able to get a review copy from Privateer Press.  I have heard from their PR person, so I will let you know once I hear something for those interested.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 05:35:08 AM »

It's the same great Monsterpocalypse rules, but for Voltron.  I don't see how it could go wrong.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 05:40:42 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on February 22, 2010, 05:35:08 AM

It's the same great Monsterpocalypse rules, but for Voltron.  I don't see how it could go wrong.

well, if he sets it up, trips, falls on the table and gets a figure embedded in each eye so he's blind for the rest of his life then I guess it could kinda be considered 'going wrong'.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 03:41:35 PM »

I'm not familiar with the rules for Monsterpocalypse, but I will try to make sure I am familiar with them before I ge the product.  I have seen some of the figures but that's about it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: