http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 02:45:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire - Forum RPG  (Read 8059 times)
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2013, 07:07:38 AM »

0 successes, 2 threat.

Tho tries to hold her breath, but starts to gag on the smell.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2013, 07:47:37 AM »

Tho:
You try to hold your breath, but soon start to gag. About to vomit, you rip off your mask and inadvertently gasp in a few breaths of stale air, causing 2 strain.

The creature on you isn't so much a creature, but the melted remains of a Rodian, a spanner in its deathgrip, still tangled in wires... wires that come from outside...

It's at that moment that you notice that your crewman is completely horizontal, desperately gripping at the edge of a panel. The Rodian corpse is ripped from you and flung out the broken cockpit glass, and you feel yourself quickly accelerating towards the breach as the sudden change in pressure pulls air from the cabin.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2013, 02:22:42 PM »

"I didn't sign up for this!" she yells as she desperately looks for something to grab onto...like the legs of the crewman stretched out next to her.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2013, 02:33:56 PM »

Tho:
The crewman kicks out a leg to intercept you as you slide past.

Supported Difficult Athletics check total: 1 success, 3 advantage

You grasp on tightly to the crewman's leg as the air races past you. Dangling inside the cockpit itself, you just so happen to see two important things. First, is the safety blast shield lever for the cockpit near your face, and the second is the massive acid storm looming on the horizon and getting closer at an alarming rate.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2013, 02:55:26 PM »

Josiah looks for a power switch on the droid...every droid has an off switch!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2013, 03:21:32 PM »

Josiah:
The droid begins to whirl around wildly as you grab on, scrambling to find an off switch or any way to disable it.

Difficult computers check total: 4 Successes, 3 Threat

You disable the droid by quickly pulling out its control and memory circuitry from an exposed port simultaneously disabling the droid and nabbing whatever useful information would be in its memory. Unfortunately, the ancient droid's circuits can't handle the sudden change in wiring, and with a pop louder than a bad motivator going off, the droid's head a explodes, with a shower of sparks and smoke that travels down the length of the droid. The cargo bay begins to fill with smoke until the lack of oxygen causes the fire to go out.

The droid is an unsalvageable wreck, and the smoke would have been quite a problem, if wasn't being pulled towards the bow of the ship, along with much of the atmosphere, through the open cargo bay door.

Warning klaxons blare, two simultaneous alarm warnings bleat out on top of each other seeming to indicate oncoming space hazards, and a hull breach at the same time.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2013, 03:37:12 PM »

Josiah, shaken up a bit, and with his ears still ringing from the explosion, gets up and starts to run back towards the docking collar with the droids control and memory circuitry in hand.  Looking at the crew with him:  "Grab anything you can that is light enough to carry, we gotta get off this boat!  I am gonna check on Tho."
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2013, 03:38:21 PM »

Tho keeps a death grip on the crewman's leg with one hand, while reaching for the lever with the other.
"Where's a prehensile tail when you need one?"

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »

Josiah:
"Um, sir? I think I'll need some help with these," says your unnamed crewman, looking through a hatch into the rear engineering compartment, just as you are about to walk out the door.

From your vantage point, you see a female Twilek and a Wookie, collapsed in just inside the doorway.

"Was hoping they'd have extra filters for life support, but I guess we found another Wookie to pull the other one out of the vents." He grabs the smaller the lighter Twilek and throws her over his shoulder, and with a smirk points you to the Wookie, while also grabbing some parts you can't identify to stuff inside his rucksack.

Tho:
"Just out of reach, you strain for the lever.

Make a 2 difficulty dice Athletics check to see if you can get to the lever and keep a grip.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:25:31 PM by Turtle » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »

"Oh sure, take the light one..." mutters Josiah as he struggles to lift the Wookie over his shoulder.  Carrying the Wookie over his shoulder, Josiah slowly makes his way back towards the docking collar, keeping an eye out for any other unconscious crew.

"We gotta get a move on, I hope Tho is ok and waiting for us at the docking collar."
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2013, 02:17:10 AM »

((Holy crap it's a miracle...1 success, 3 threat))

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2013, 05:56:49 AM »

Josiah:
As you exit the aft cargo bay, Wookie in tow, you feel pressure change again as whatever had been pulling atmosphere from the ship stopped. However, you feel your skin tingling more than usual, as whatever replaced it carried with it the acidic tinge of the gas giant's atmosphere. There's a slight shudder, as the ship's gravity once again lists to the side, shifting the unsecured cargo again, but not fast enough to be a threat.

Tho:
With a hydraulic *shump!* the blast shield shudders into place over the broken cockpit glass. You and your nameless crewman fall to the floor, the air pressure rapidly normalizing. Silence falls in the thinner ship atmosphere.

Looking around, you see that, amazingly, the cockpit still has power. Most of the consoles have been eaten away by acid, but some still look operable. However, anything of value seems to have been sucked outside or melted away at some point.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2013, 06:14:44 AM »

"Josiah, this place is a death trap. Let's bail!"

Without waiting for a response, she grabs the crewman and heads for the docking ring.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2013, 07:00:09 AM »

Tho:
You start running back for your ship, dragging your crewman along when you hear him screaming behind you and you're bright to stop.

"It's got me! It's got me!" he yells, part of his working jumpsuit pinned back against the half-open door you passed earlier.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2013, 04:41:22 PM »

Tho turns and throws her hands in the air and yells, "Now what?"

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2013, 05:24:01 PM »

Josiah keeps running, looking for Tho as he heads to the docking collar.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2013, 09:05:09 AM »

Tho:
Your crewman stops struggling for a moment, enough to realize he's not being eaten, or dragged off to be eaten, and pulls himself from the doorway.

A human hand sticks out between the half-open doorway, its grasp slipping from your crewman's jumpsuit.

A hoarse voice, barely a whisper filtered through a breathe mask, says, "...help us..."

Josiah:
There's no sign of Tho as you head for docking.

You hear, "It's got me! It's got me!" from the other side of the main corridor.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2013, 11:24:43 AM »

As Josiah approaches the docking collar he will set the wookie down and instruct the crew member that is with me to get the wookie on board.

"I am going to go help Tho, we gotta get out of here fast!"
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2013, 02:44:37 PM »

Tho looks at the crewman. "We'll, don't just stand there like a protocol droid. Open the door!"

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2013, 11:45:35 PM »

Tho:
You and the crewman grip the doorway and start to pull, but as you do so, the ship begins a final turn in its death spiral, bringing everything at a 45 degree angle. Sounds and steel groaning and shearing can be heard from all over the ship, but most distressingly so are the nearby sounds of destruction coming from the docking ring.

Make an easy Athletics check, but with a setback die to keep composure.

Josiah:
You round the corner to see Tho and a crewman struggling to pry open a doorway when you are almost thrown from your feet. The ship bucks and then turns to a 45 degree angle before settling.

Make an Challenging Athletics check, to stay on your feet as you teeter on the edge of what was formerly a corridor, now a tube slide down.

(OOC going to try and maintain a proper update schedule this week, to make up for the delays)
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2013, 02:37:58 AM »

Josiah braces himself as he feels the ship beginning to pitch...

(1 Success, 1 Failure, 2 advantage, 1 threat).

"Tho, we gotta get out of here now!  If we wait much longer our ship is going to be shredded by the acidic atmosphere and we won't be able to escape the gravitational pull."

Josiah reaches out to try and give Tho a hand.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »

((Assuming easy means one difficulty die))

(One failure, one advantage)

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2013, 06:58:01 AM »

Tho:
Pulling as hard as you can, the ship's sudden change in orientation throws your feet out from under you, dangling in the air, but you maintain a grip on the doorway as your weight seems to pull it slightly more open, so that a second figure, a small Rodian is visible behind the human, also wearing a breathe mask.

Josiah:
You reach out, but fall to the floor as the ship pitches to one side, but you manage to grab onto the ledge and prevent yourself from sliding further down the corridor. You can see the trapped figures that Tho is trying to free ahead, but also hear the groaning metal behind you from the docking ring.

"Josiah!" a worried voice comes over the comm, "That ship is coming apart and we're headed straight for an acid storm. You've got maybe 3 minutes before we gotta leave! I think I can buy you a little more time by using our ship's thrusters, but it's going to put a lot of strain on the docking ring, the whole skrogging thing could snap apart!"
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:04:57 AM by Turtle » Logged
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2013, 02:56:14 PM »

Tho yells, "Maybe I could go have a nice long talk with the docking ring and ask it to be reasonable? Josiah, help me get this open so we can bail!"

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2013, 03:11:06 PM »

"Coming as fast as I can Tho, this decaying orbit isn't exactly making it easy.  We have two, maybe three, minutes before this ship is torn to shreds along with us."

Josiah rummages around in his toolkit to find a spanner to use on the door controls.  With tool in hand, Josiah rushes towards the cockpit.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2013, 03:56:41 AM »

Josiah pulls himself up back into the corridor and rushes to help as Tho and the crewman struggle with the door.

Josiah: Make a 2 difficulty die Mechanics check with 1 setback die.

Tho: Make a 2 difficulty die Athletics check, because your crewman is assisting you, roll 1 proficiency die and 1 ability die due to your skills combined.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2013, 06:59:08 AM »

((One success, two threat))

"Aaaaaannnd Open!"

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »

Josiah quickly rushes to the aid of Tho and works at getting the door open.
(1 Triumph, 4 Success, 1 failure, 2 advantage, 1 threat)
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2013, 11:41:21 PM »

Josiah: You rummage through the dilapidated circuitry looking for a way to power the door, when you spot an old and unused secondary circuit line. Tapping into it and running a small bit of power through the line from your toolkit, causes the lights to shudder and flicker, deep within the bowels of the ship a large machine starts to churn and gravity slowly begins righting itself. The door shudders just a bit more open.

Tho: With Josiah's help, the door flies open. Your crewman and you catch the pair as they fall out the open doorway, onto the floor of the corridor, which is no longer slanted. This time, you caught the smaller Rodian, as your crewman shoulders the Human.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2013, 01:04:26 AM »

Quickly glancing into the cockpit, Josiah makes sure there are no more surprises..."Let's go, before we all get shredded to pieces!"
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2013, 02:04:01 AM »

"If your finished playing hide and seek, I could use a little help here."

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2013, 02:52:24 AM »

Tho: With gravity mostly corrected, you quickly drag the unconscious people to the docking ring where your other crewman takes over.

Upon grabbing the unconscious form off your shoulder, he says, "Don't know what you two did, but there's partial gravity and power. But it's only bought us a minute or two and we're still headed into that acid storm."

Josiah: As you peek into the cockpit, you notice that one of the ship's cockpit systems hasn't been completely melted by the acid storms, some kind of old style flight recorder and secondary navigation system. With the partially restored power, a dim red light blinks at you in the darkness.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2013, 12:08:19 PM »

Despite logic dictating that he should retreat back to his own ship, Josiah enters the cockpit to investigate the flashing light.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2013, 04:24:13 AM »

Josiah: You enter the cockpit. There is a huge hole in the cockpit glass and everything is pock marked with acid burns. At some point something seems to have died in here, and you're not sure what Tho was up to here. But, hidden underneath the main console, directly under where most nav computers would be, seems to be a smaller, secondary system bolted on and connected. Although sheltered from most of the acid storm, its surface is still mostly melted away, except for a red light shining in the dark.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »

Josiah will get out his toolkit and investigate the secondary system, and see if it can be unbolted and disconnected.  Josiah will try and determine if this is some sort of tracking beacon, or a nav system override.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2013, 03:33:55 PM »

Josiah:
The box is trivially easy to remove, partly because most of the retaining bolts have been melted, and in part because it looks like the system was haphazardly added as a repair. The electronics inside, however, are another matter as it seems someone packed this box with a mish mash of parts almost thrown together in the semblance of a nav computer.

Make a 3 difficulty die Computers check. The attempt will take 1 minute.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »

Josiah works feverishly on the device, sweat beading on his brow with the impending destruction of the ship...

(5 success, 3 failure, 2 advantage, 1 threat)
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2013, 06:16:32 PM »

Josiah:
Quickly identifying the data storage unit, and its archaic design, you go through a sequence to properly decouple the drive and it's associated parts from the box. While doing so, you notice a secondary memory unit, a tiny thing cobbled on the back of another unrelated part, and pop it apart as well. The red light dims and disappears, you shove the parts into your pocket.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2013, 09:08:01 PM »

His curiosity satisfied for the moment, Josiah quickly rushes to the docking collar...

"Everyone to your positions, we gotta get out of here!  Tho can you disengage the docking collar while I plot a course out of here?"
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2013, 01:06:37 AM »

"Oh, I thought you'd decided to stay. We could use a hand up here, you know, BEFORE THE SHIP DISINTEGRATES!"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: