http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 12:31:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Origins 2012  (Read 918 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2012, 09:16:54 PM »

Anyone going next week?  I'm heading down Wednesday night and will be there through Sunday.  Going down with Zarathud from OO again.  Ceekay, you going?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »

I'm going down Thursday, but it will be a day pass deal to check out the vendor's room, and then I might be down on Saturday for a bit as the woman wants to play a couple of games.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »

well Saturday seemed a bit quieter than usual.  the exhibit hall was clear enough it was easy to actually browse without having someone getting in your way and I was surprised that there was no problem getting a table in the food court come dinner time.    didn't buy anything this year, although I eyed Ascension but I can get the base game plus the 2 expansions for cheaper than what they were selling one game and the first expansion for (if I understood the guy it was 90 bucks for them plus a carrying case/card holders).

the RPG side of the con felt smaller too.  just comparing them in the on site program the board game section had at least twice as many entries.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »

Yeah, I believe attendance was WAAAAY down this year.  I'm hoping that moving it back to its usual date next year will improve things.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 05:12:07 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 04, 2012, 06:56:12 PM

Yeah, I believe attendance was WAAAAY down this year.  I'm hoping that moving it back to its usual date next year will improve things.

the official total:

Attendance at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio was down slightly in 2012 due largely to lighter attendance on the week days. Overall attendance at Origins was 11,332, a 180 fewer than attended in 2011 (11,502). More full show “badges” were sold in 2012 (6,845) than in 2011 (6,545), but here were fewer Day Passes (4,457 to 4,957).

The Origins Exhibition Hall was sold out for the third year in a row (see “Origins 2011 Exhibit Hall Sold Out”). The 2012 decline in attendance represents just 1.5% fewer attendees than in 2011

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »

Hmmm...it certainly did feel like there was less attendance.  Guess it wasn't as bad as I'd thought.  Still, I'd have to say this year's Origins was less fun for some reason.  The energy just seemed "off", if that makes any sense.   icon_confused

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 10, 2012, 04:06:00 PM

Hmmm...it certainly did feel like there was less attendance.  Guess it wasn't as bad as I'd thought.  Still, I'd have to say this year's Origins was less fun for some reason.  The energy just seemed "off", if that makes any sense.   icon_confused

I agree.  I was there on Saturday and the place just felt dead.  there were poeple but it didn't feel like the usual fun was circulating the premises.

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: