http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 12:41:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Zombicide topic here!?! (Season 3 announced)  (Read 2025 times)
coopasonic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: August 30, 2013, 01:22:07 PM »

http://guillotinegames.com/en/blog-season-3-preview-competitive-mode

We haven't gotten our hands on season 2 (shipping now), but they's just announced season 3, which introduces competitive play.

Zombicide is the third most expensive game investment I have made, of course I'll continue pumping the cash in. It will take a couple more seasons to pass up heroscape and decades to pass up Magic: The Gathering. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 01:32:02 PM »

Eh... I have season 1 and I'm waiting for season 2, but this new announcement doesn't sound like it's up my alley. I'll likely pass.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 01:52:06 PM »

I'm curious about competive play (it addresses the co-op alpha player problem) but more I would be looking at what they come up with for tiles and new options for scenarios. Season 1 stuff has become stale. I know Season 2 is going to make things a lot more interesting with Toxic and Berserkers as well as many more possible board layouts, but eventually we'll need more!

They hint at different spawning rules also which I am curious about.

I'm sure I'll get it whatever it turns out to be, more survivors you know, because two dozen isn't enough! I may need more fuzz boxes.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 02:06:58 PM »

Having picked up season 2 and played it four times already I think it added both good and bad. I love the new zombie types. They really change the game in a good way. Lots of new weapons = awesome. Ultrared weapons- rarely get to use them, really cool when you do. The one thing I'm really not sold on is the zombivors. The good thing is it makes the game easier for new players etc. The bad thing is they make the game easier. I've won 3 of the 4 games I've played. All 3 were hard scenarios. That's a higher winning percentage than I previously had. Also the starting weapons for prison outbreak are a lot stronger. No pans and everyone basically starts with a decent and useful item. Not sure how I feel about that.

Long story short I like season 2 a  ton. It really improves the game. I may have to tweak it a bit to where I want it. I may try either starting as zombivors or not turning into zombivors. I also am considering going back to the original starting weapons more often.

I rally can't wait for the zombie and companion dogz although it looks like we will have to wait a bit for that now (shipping in October it seems).

I actually don't think I will need more zombicide but I probably will get season 3 still. I have played zombicide more than any other game the last 6 months. Not so much because it is my favorite game but more because my friends always want to play it. It really appeals to them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: