http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 04:06:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need questions for WotC about D&D 4th Edition  (Read 2366 times)
Graham
Managing Editor
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »

I am looking for questions about D&D 4th Edition and questions you guys might have about the new D&D web application that is coming out for it.  I have a rep with Wizards of the Coast who will get questions to the right people, so if we can get a good number of questions I can send them to her.

I know several of you guys are playing a campaign on here.  You must have a few questions that you would like to get answered.  Post them here or PM me with them and maybe we can get them answered for you.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:58:25 PM »

How will "virtual models" for use with their 3D dungeon/tabletop application be priced?   Part of the monthly subscription, purchased separately or some other method?

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 07:54:08 PM »

i have a question - as a "collaborative promotional effort" (or something smile) can those of us doing the weekly shadowfell thing get lifetime subscriptions to the online mag and toolset? smile
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 08:32:45 PM »

Quote from: Graham on August 21, 2008, 07:16:56 PM

I am looking for questions about D&D 4th Edition and questions you guys might have about the new D&D web application that is coming out for it.  I have a rep with Wizards of the Coast who will get questions to the right people, so if we can get a good number of questions I can send them to her.

I know several of you guys are playing a campaign on here.  You must have a few questions that you would like to get answered.  Post them here or PM me with them and maybe we can get them answered for you.

Last I heard, the online dungeon would default to tokens of critters unless you put in a special access code from the appropriate D&D miniature to unlock the spiffy 3-D, bells-and-whistles version. Will the spiffy 3-D versions of creatures be available for separate purchase for those that have zero interest in buying the D&D miniatures?

Will all pre-made campaigns, such as Keep on the Shadowfell and Thunderspire Labyrinth, be available for purchase by DMs at pricing comparable to their book forms?

Will gaming groups be able to buy memberships in bulk? Or perhaps DMs being able to purchase a "licensing" system whereby they can transfer a license from a defunct player to a new party member?

What's your favorite and/or most recent "Oh, WOW!" moment when playing with the software?

With the plethora of tools already available for playing D&D games online, what's the draw to start paying for that ability?

Will their be some variety in magical items/clothing customization, or do all +1 Flaming Swords look the same?

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 12:45:55 AM »

+ Is there a mechanic in the virtual tabletop that simulates character vision type (normal vs. low light)?

+ Can "revealed tiles" be set up per character?  Say the rogue is ahead in the dungeon scouting... Can the DM light up different tiles that he sees that are not visible to the other players until they catch up to him?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
hentzau
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 02:31:42 PM »

I know this is kind of a silly question, but what the heck.  Are there any plans to take any of their minis in a "non-collectible" direction, since they are placing such an emphasis on the combat grid.  Such as offering an Orc pack or a Goblin pack or an adventurers pack?

Yeah, I know what their answer SHOULD be, but I may be pleasantly surprised.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 06:38:31 PM »

Looks like I have quite a few questions here.  Anyone else?  Otherwise I will submit these in the next day or two.

sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 10:29:02 PM »

/asshat mode

How will the new rule set affect the story line in Order of the Stick since they are staying with the 3.5 rules?

/end asshat mode   smile
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 10:46:27 PM »

It's taken a little while, but I got the interview posted.  You can check out the interview here:

http://www.gamingtrend.com/Articles/articles.php?artID=399

I put in a few screenshots, but they are pretty small.  I've included them all in this message.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 01:32:28 AM »

Some useful information turned up in your interview, and I love the additional screenshots. With Wizards giving out the pricing info (towards the end of our current D&D gaming thread), it's nice to see additional info on what will be available hopefully in the near future.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: