http://gamingtrend.com
November 29, 2014, 09:01:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mad Max game coming  (Read 2338 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2008, 02:11:10 PM »

Im not sure if this is PC news or Console news. God of War II director Cory Barlog teams up with Mad Max writer George Miller.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/archive/2008/03/11/exclusive-god-of-war-ii-director-cory-barlog-joins-forces-with-mad-max-writer-director-george-miller.aspx

Cory Barlog is teaming up with Mad Max writer/director George Miller to make it happen:

Coy time is over, Dear Reader. Yesterday, we told you that God of War II director Cory Barlog--who'd left Sony Computer Entertainment last November partway through the development of God of War III--had formed a creative partnership with writer-director-producer George Miller. Today, we can finally reveal what they'll be working on first: a "Mad Max" action-adventure game, inspired by the "Mad Max: Fury Road" movie that Miller had been preparing to shoot in 2003 before the war in Iraq forced him to put everything on hold. Specific details on the gameplay are still fuzzy, as Barlog and Miller are still early in the planning phase, but we can confirm that melee weapons, projectile weapons and vehicles will all be present, just as you would expect. We spoke with Miller by phone in January, who personally informed us that Mad Max would be his first serious videogame venture.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »

This has the potential to be the greatest game ever and to be one that breaks the hearts of millions.

Edit: Another mad max film, OTOH, is a horrible idea.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 07:12:35 AM »

Quote from: ATB on March 13, 2008, 02:13:45 PM

Edit: Another mad max film, OTOH, is a horrible idea.

I like how they keep blaming the war in Iraq for that movie not being made in 2003.  It was supposed to be filmed in Tunisia (for some reason) but they used the war as a convenient excuse to justify putting it on hold rather than admit the more likely scenario that their shaky funding scheme had collapsed.  You have to wonder, if it was all the war's fault, why they still haven't made the film.

The most likely truth is that no one is going to give them money for a Mad Max movie without Mel Gibson in it.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 12:45:02 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on March 14, 2008, 07:12:35 AM

You have to wonder, if it was all the war's fault, why they still haven't made the film.

When Fury Road collapsed he went on to do Happy Feet and, obviously, Gibson went on to direct Passion of the Christ and Apocalypto.  That's usually what happens in Hollywood when a project collapses- the key players go on to do something else and the stars never align again.  Miller maintains that he'll still do it but I don't really believe it.  If the Justice League movie goes through then that would tie him up for several more years. 
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 09:09:59 PM »

I don't know that Mel was ever part of Fury Road.  At least none of the articles I've read support that.

Either way, the "can't do it because of the war" thing was a lame excuse.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 10:14:38 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on March 14, 2008, 09:09:59 PM

I don't know that Mel was ever part of Fury Road.  At least none of the articles I've read support that.

Either way, the "can't do it because of the war" thing was a lame excuse.

Gibson was definitely in Fury Road back then (here's an EW article from Sept. 2003 that mentions it) but word late last year was that the project had been revived without Gibson's involvement- instead they would recast with someone younger though I imagine if it ever goes before the cameras depends on whether Justice League works out or not. 
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 11:25:55 PM »

Hard to believe that when Mad Max came out Mel was just a kid sorta and now he is too old to be Mad Max. Man time flies. And Mel gets crazier smile

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 02:22:26 PM »

While he's not necessarily as iconic in the role of mad max as say Ford in the IJ trilogy, you can't have a mad max that's not mel. Bottom line.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:49:47 PM by ATB » Logged
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 03:31:47 PM »

And he'd fit right in with his craziness. Chalk it up to being out in the wastes too long.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 01:10:22 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on March 14, 2008, 11:25:55 PM

And Mel gets crazier smile

What part makes him crazy, being a drunk or being a Christian? Some sort of combination of both?
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 03:30:20 AM »

Quote from: Lee on March 16, 2008, 01:10:22 AM

Quote from: Daehawk on March 14, 2008, 11:25:55 PM

And Mel gets crazier smile

What part makes him crazy, being a drunk or being a Christian? Some sort of combination of both?

I think it's the whole package.  Alcoholic, overzealous Christian, bigot and the nice bushy beard and crazy look in the eyes to top it off. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: