http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 06:33:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LEGO Games  (Read 1288 times)
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »

LEGO is launching a game series.

Age group starts at 7.

I can't find a good zoomed pic that I can link, but it looks like the dice involved are blank dice with flat panel 4-pip add-in panels.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:09:20 PM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 04:18:35 PM »

The dice are supposedly cool, but from what I've read, Knizia's involvement is name only (or that he looks at the product and says, "Yup, that's a game.").  Also, a lot of them are knock-offs with not a lot added Lego-wise other than design elements.

The games all seem to be really luck driven and bare-bones, unfortunately.  I saw these advertised in a TRU flyer and got excited, but it looks like there's not a reason to be.

However, most comments I've seen are from people who have a hard time finding any entertainment in luck-based games, so I'd love to hear comments if someone's tried one.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:21:25 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »

At a low enough age range, I'm doubting you want to play a lot of things that are very skill based.  There's not a lot of skill involved in Chutes and Ladders, Hi-Ho Cherry-O or Candyland as I recall.  The point isn't to play something that's going to hold up on the weekly game night with the guys, it's something for the kiddies.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 05:29:12 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 11, 2010, 04:18:35 PM

The games all seem to be really luck driven and bare-bones, unfortunately.

Pictionary isn't really luck based is it? Also pictionary with legos sound slike an awesome translation. Pirate Code isn't really luck based either. Damned if I can name the game it's cvopied from, but I know the game.

The others I can't figure out what they really are based on the pictures and descriptions

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:53:39 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on March 11, 2010, 05:29:12 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 11, 2010, 04:18:35 PM

The games all seem to be really luck driven and bare-bones, unfortunately.

Pictionary isn't really luck based is it? Also pictionary with legos sound slike an awesome translation. Pirate Code isn't really luck based either. Damned if I can name the game it's cvopied from, but I know the game.

The others I can't figure out what they really are based on the pictures and descriptions

Mastermind.

And those are the knock-offs.

I don't mean to come down hard on them.  I was psyched to run out and get some as soon as I saw the ad.  It's just that I did a little research first, and they didn't sound like they lived up to the potential.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 07:21:05 PM »

I saw these at my local LEGO store the other week. And the original poster has them pretty much right as far as what the games seem to be.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 07:48:37 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 11, 2010, 05:53:39 PM

Mastermind.

Yes, it's been a long time.

I think I'm mostly interested in the lego pictionary. That's one of those things that is so obvious, but I never thought of it. it basically what my son and I play without trying. "Daddy what are you making?" "I'll let you know when I get there son."

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on March 11, 2010, 07:48:37 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 11, 2010, 05:53:39 PM

Mastermind.

Yes, it's been a long time.

I think I'm mostly interested in the lego pictionary. That's one of those things that is so obvious, but I never thought of it. it basically what my son and I play without trying. "Daddy what are you making?" "I'll let you know when I get there son."

I remembered one of the comments about that one.  Building items takes a lot longer than drawing a doodle, so the downtime can add up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: