http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 06:13:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Impressions: RoboRally re-release  (Read 2618 times)
hitbyambulance
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2005, 06:51:51 AM »

Game is now released! see here...

Impressions are a few posts down....
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 02:37:17 PM »

I've never been a big fan of roborally for some reason.  In theory the rules are well done and interesting, but in practice all the games I've played just break down into an annoying mess as people try to manouver about.

I wonder if they will be tweaking the rules at all for the rerelease...

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 05:21:42 PM »

I recall picking up two original robo rally expansions for around $50 total.

Then I sold them on Ebay for about $600 to someone in Germany.  I was flabbergasted when I saw the final bid price and thought someone was joking around, when the money really came I was even more surprised.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 08:45:19 PM »

Huh.  I never realized they were hard to find.  RoboRally's a great game to play with other programmers.  It's a really bad game to play with other programmers and a couple of non-geeks.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 11:31:14 PM »

And here I am wishing I never tossed my mint copy.  Never could find anybody to play it with so it just sat, unused, in the box until I had to relocate a bunch of stuff.

This along with some classic PC games.  Even if I didn't want them they could have gone to a loving home.  All before I discovered GG, unfortunately.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 08:59:07 PM »

yeah, it's out now.  going to the game store tomorrow to have a look at it.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 08:32:24 AM »

got a chance to play this tonight with five other people.  i had never played the original, but got enough of an impression on what it was like from other people to know how it played.  according to the other players, the new version is basically a tweaked and better-balanced revision. it plays pretty much the same, almost exactly as i had envisioned it - it's Turtle LOGO with conveyer belts and lasers.

how fun was it?  enough that i purchased my own copy - it's the first board game i've purchased in years.  definitely worth a look - see if your local games store has a demo you can play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: