http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 08:05:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I now love Gamespot  (Read 2208 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2006, 10:52:12 AM »

I love their Hotspot podcast and have taken a brief look at their live show On the Spot which looks good too.

Through the Pcasts I've gotten to know some of there personalities, and these folks really know their gaming.

It was fashionable years ago to be anti-gamespot, but I kinda really dig them now...

Chances are most of you have been hitting that site with more consistency than I have, what say you?
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 03:47:22 PM »

I visited regelarly back inthe early 90s then they changed format and lost me almost. Then they changed to a pay site and I quit completely. Now I only go for the occasional free story or old review.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 03:49:10 PM »

Yeh when they went pay is when the bashing really started. But they have tons of free audio and video content...so dig em.
Hapfloyde
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 10:27:06 PM »

Honestly I still use them as one of the first review sites I check.  They tend to be a bit harsh, but I kinda like that.  As for the pay part, I still can't figure out what it gets you (other than access to their private servers for DLs), the free registration seems to give access to everything importaint.

Ha, ha, ha. You have struck Hercules!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 10:33:55 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
I love their Hotspot podcast and have taken a brief look at their live show On the Spot which looks good too.

Through the Pcasts I've gotten to know some of there personalities, and these folks really know their gaming.

It was fashionable years ago to be anti-gamespot, but I kinda really dig them now...

Chances are most of you have been hitting that site with more consistency than I have, what say you?

Yeah, I've been listening to their podcast for quite awhile now. It's pretty good. I also like their On The Spot show.

I've always liked Gamespot and their pay stuff really isn't that expensive, when you factor it over a whole year.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 01:27:43 AM »

They were pretty shitty a few years back, but now I trust their reviews a bit higher than the rest. They seem pretty consistant in their ratings.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 04:03:11 AM »

I usually make a daily visit there.  I like how the website is set up and the reviews are generally reliable.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: