http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 12:32:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How the heck are you people playing all these games?  (Read 2741 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2012, 05:51:41 PM »

Everyone's moving on to Amalur or FFXIII-2 or Diablo beta or whatever. I've basically been playing SWTOR since release and have tons of content left that I want to play. Who knows when I'll get to play ME3. How do you people find the time play all the new releases!?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:11:06 PM »

You kind of hit the nail on the head as to why I'm very careful about the amount of time I sink into any MMORPG. For me there's far too much fun to be had with other PC, console, board and tabletop games to let 1 consume all my free play time. To each their own though.  slywink
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:15:40 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on February 06, 2012, 07:11:06 PM

You kind of hit the nail on the head as to why I'm very careful about the amount of time I sink into any MMORPG. For me there's far too much fun to be had with other PC, console, board and tabletop games to let 1 consume all my free play time. To each their own though.  slywink

But even if I wasn't playing an MMO, how do work through so many new releases? You should all still be knee deep in Skyrim, for goodness sake!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:04:42 PM »

McGonagall gave me a time-turner.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 08:37:06 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 06, 2012, 08:04:42 PM

Oh, don't lie, we all you know you just buy games, you don't actually play them slywink

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 09:12:50 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 06, 2012, 08:37:06 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 06, 2012, 08:04:42 PM

Oh, don't lie, we all you know you just buy games, you don't actually play them slywink

Especially if they have subtitles.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 04:11:05 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 09, 2012, 03:53:50 AM

Quote from: Teggy on February 06, 2012, 05:51:41 PM

Everyone's moving on to Amalur or FFXIII-2 or Diablo beta or whatever. I've basically been playing SWTOR since release and have tons of content left that I want to play. Who knows when I'll get to play ME3. How do you people find the time play all the new releases!?

You've got over 6000 posts on this forum alone.  Perhaps that's a clue as to why you don't have time for games?   icon_razz

Kettle- Pot calling. Dude, you've got a little Schmutz there.

Also, look at CeeKay's count and Steam collection.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 12:00:54 PM »

<deleted the whole kit and kaboodle because I was tired and cranky when I made some of the later ones.  sometimes you just need to let stuff roll off ya.>

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 01:20:59 PM »

Wow I'm confused.

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 09, 2012, 01:20:59 PM

Wow I'm confused.

I made a goofy joke, someone got involved, I got testy, they got testy.  same old, same old.  not worth it.  

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 02:36:05 PM »

Some people skip a lot, some people don't.  Some people are quick at finishing games, some people take their time.

Some like me have too much time.

I still dont' see what the problem is though.  If you're still playing SWTOR, you're saving money.  Buy those new releases when they are $30 bargains and get the exact same enjoyment out of them.  Why the rush?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »

It's not a big deal although it's fun to be able to play new games when everyone else is so you can talk about them.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 03:31:58 PM »

Hepcat :hug:.

Teggy, in short - we all miss out on cool stuff because we don't have time. If you have a family its a 100 times worse. That is why I don't play SWTOR, or any other MMORPG. The biggest timesink I'll play will be Diablo III.

It's also why I end up owning, loving, and never playing Forza 4.
I also have Rage, Deus Ex: HR and GoW3 sitting unplayed.

That GoW3? That's God of War 3. I played through all of 1 and half-way through 2. Last time I fired that up I was about 1/2 way through ... last April?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »

If I can play a console or PC game for a half hour in a week I can consider myself lucky. All of my gaming is now on he iPhone because it's the only gaming suited for little sessions here and there. And thanks to asynchronous games, I can even squeeze in multiplayer in between diaper changes and dirty dishes.

I hear "has a slow beginning" in FFXIII-2 reviews and know it's off the list, because my gaming time has become too precious for that.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 07:44:13 PM »

I'm still playing SWOTR. About an hour every night. The nice thing about limited playing time for me is that it make me think long and hard before buying my next purchase. God knows my backlog is too big already.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 07:48:42 PM »

I'll stop playing SWTOR when it turns to grind, which was my mistake with Rift. However, there's so much story content it will be a long while before I feel like I'm wasting my time.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 11:01:07 PM »

I gave up watching TV.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 05:07:57 AM »

you want more time to play?  be unemployed.  I had more game time in january then I expect to get in all of february and march. 

my mistake was in not getting to the quicker games and instead I spent all of my time in a 40 rpg and a sandbox game. 

i still have half of skryim, kingdoms of amalur ass creed revelations to play.  and mass effect 3 is almost here. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 03:38:14 PM »

AssCreedRev isn't that long if you skip the Risk-like game. In fact, there's a major bug I ran into in doing so (being a bit of a completionist).

You could finish it in about 8 hours, if you put your mind to it. Just remember to bribe people to keep notoriety down (until you have the 7 bases protected by a master assassin), and don't bother buying weapons, or doing anything more than using a few away missions for leveling up your original 12 assassins.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 12:01:27 PM »

Honestly, I take breaks.   I still have my SWTOR account active cause I am waiting for UI improvements and a LFG tool, so I can take a break from games and come back. 

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 02:14:13 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 12, 2012, 11:01:07 PM

I gave up watching TV.

This, for the most part.  I also watch a lot less movies and sleep on average about 1-2 hours less a night than I did 5 years ago.   I find myself much more selective about what media I partake in nowadays.  I used to watch, play, read just about anything in my prebaby days.  Ahhh sweet, sweet uninterrupted free me time.  Why do you only come to see me after 10 pm on weekends?  Sadly I actually sleep less on weekends than during the week so I can support my habit hobby.

morlac00 on PSN
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 07:10:47 PM »

I play games with the intent of finishing them.  The story/characters, setting and feeling of advancement is what I enjoy so I play most games on normal or if it’s a game where all difficulty does is make enemies have more HP I set it to easy.  I don't care about a challenge and I've never understood the the feeling of accomplishment people get from beating
hard" games.  If I get stuck I look up a solution. 

That plus I haven’t watched normal TV in probably 3 years.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:12:23 PM by Lordnine » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: