http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 10:24:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghostbusters RPG  (Read 2581 times)
unbreakable
« on: August 10, 2005, 08:30:19 PM »

has anyone played this?  It seems interesting, I was wondering if it was worth reading about (I don't actually play RPGs anymore, I just read the books).
Semaj
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 10:48:31 PM »

We tossed it around, and by we, I mean me and 2 others... but felt our time was better spent on Warhammer RPG, Shadowrun and Marvel Super HEro's.

its not bad, its simple and easy to do, but the GM actually has to totally get into the theme and then go to town.  Those are always the best ones.  Once he has that down, the rest of you tow in line and hilarity ensues.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 02:54:56 AM »

Yeah, it is a lot like Paranoia, in that if everyone is in to it and working together it is a lot of fun.  

If the players just sit back and make the GM do all the work, it usually doesn't work out so well.  You really have to be willing to get in character.

Reading it just for fun is good though.  I do the same thing mostly.  I have tons of games I have never played, but I read the rule books all the time.  My favorites for just reading are Tales From the Floating Vagabond, and Space 1889.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 03:14:18 AM »

Space 1889 looked really fricking cool.

I dunno, I read a lot of games, some interesting (champions), Some weird (Bionic COmmando), and some just plain creul (There was this series that came out of Aulstrailia where the survival rate was like 10% in some)

I think if I had to start stuff now based on what I read... I'd probably still fire up marvel Super heros, since we had an amazing time beating each other silly in that one.  Sometimes people wouldnt even leave the complex and end up fighting for 2 hours smile

After that would be some SHadowrun/Cyberpunk action, since its one of the few games where you can be bad, and yet osmehow be good.  Then fire up some TMNT for nostolgia purposes.

Although I always wanted ot check out the DBZ RPG...

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 07:08:14 PM »

I think my friends and I are gearing up to try to get a group for that new Game of Thrones game coming out later this year.  That's really a setting I'd love to dive into a little more.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 07:55:30 PM »

The Serenity/Firefly RPG is coming out this month.
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 05:36:37 AM »

So do most of these new RPGs end up being GURPS or d20?  I'm kind of out of it, I've wanted to check out the latest Gamma World stuff as well (was a big fan of the classic); it's d20, so I was wondering if there was any prerequisite knowledge involved, since Im not familiar with either system.
Semaj

View Profile
lol
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 01:10:13 AM »

Usually now its d20 (the new gurps) or a lot use the White Wolf RPG-type system.

We should fire one up on here... smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: