http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 01:37:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Games Consumer service - does it EVER work?  (Read 2019 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:46:41 PM »

So, having had a lot of troubles with my Age of Conan account, I wrote funcom about it, from their own account area.

9 days later - "Its not our area, you have to write to " another funcom division..

nice, so I did that, and got an answer 2 days later...about one full page of standard answer, that had nothing to do at all with my trouble.

so, I wrote that back to them, 4 days ago...and..nada! nothing...nothing at all has happened yet...

I've tried this before, and the only time I've EVER had a meaningfull response, was with World of Warcraft..Blizzard is, in all ways, a company that takes itself and its reputation seriously...

But other than that - has anyone EVER had Consumer service that actually was worth a damn?

A new one
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:11:52 PM »

I've had good luck with Steam support, but beyond that it's been hit or miss, and mostly miss.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 05:43:15 AM »

Could you elaborate on the problem?  I'm trying to think of what kind of problem couldn't be handled by account people.  Plus, where are you that you've been having a problem for two weeks?  I thought the game just came out?

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:38:02 AM »

Quote from: Sarkus on May 24, 2008, 05:43:15 AM

Could you elaborate on the problem?  I'm trying to think of what kind of problem couldn't be handled by account people.  Plus, where are you that you've been having a problem for two weeks?  I thought the game just came out?

well, the problem was, that I had an old Anarchy Online account, and when I entered my pre-order code, it just..vanished. No Age of Conan account showed up for me anywhere...trying to do it again didnt work, and apperantly that was a problem a lot of people had.. so, I wrote the accountpeople about it, and they told me they only handled Anarchy online (aftre 7 days) and referred me to Ageofconan account mail instead. Even though I DID use the mail adress in the "register.ageofconan.com" account area.... So, after writing that mail, I got their standard response, that EA (EArly Acces) was closed bla bla bla, which had  nothing to do with the problem.

It's thankfully fixed by now, but...those were horrendous waiting times, especially since their phones werent answered as well.

they still havent answered btw...

In my company, we say 24 hours is the MAXIMUM a mail is allowed to remain unaswered...

A new one
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 06:09:29 AM »

The only MMO I've ever needed to get technical support for was DAoC and it was monumentally pathetic. I was requested to send in a multitude of logs which were used by the support staff to point the finger at other 3rd party software and drivers; none of which turned out to be the cause of the problem.  I've always obtained my support on game forums and have always been amazed that I could resolve my issue with the assistance of other gamers. Unfortunately in your case, you're really dealing with an issue that only support staff can handle.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 05:29:42 AM »

SSI had good tech support, back in the late 80s...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: