http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 03:11:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exoshift Miniature Battles - Just started my own scifi miniature wargame  (Read 1902 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2012, 01:17:57 AM »

http://www.exoshift.org/

I just started my own miniature wargame, titled Exoshift. It's a small part of a larger setting that I plan to expand to role-playing and computer games. Playtesting starts in January, with miniatures releasing in later 2013.

A brief summary:

The Exoshift Universe is a bright future science fiction setting of epic proportions. With galaxy spanning empires, countless worlds and civilizations, all waiting to be encountered.

Set in the Milky Way galaxy over one hundred years in the future, and one hundred thousand years after the collapse of a galaxy spanning order, mankind has reached the stars and found it teeming with life. Exoshift is set against the backdrop of stellar civilizations and empires rebuilding from a galactic dark age, and prospering into a new galactic renaissance.

While the old order, and its mysteries, still haunts this new galactic society, civilizations are finding the clash of cultures occupying their efforts as they compete for a place within it.

Galactic politics, intrigue, and warfare mix on an massive scale. Heroes and scoundrels ply their trade on a myriad of worlds. These are the stories of Exoshift.

Some concept art:
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 04:51:51 AM »

I just started my own miniature wargame, titled Exoshift. It's a small part of a larger setting that I plan to expand to role-playing and computer games. Playtesting starts in January, with miniatures releasing in later 2013.

you as in YOU just started turtle?  if so good luck and ill keep my eye on it!  i love how dirty and primitive the sol concept art is - perfect for the "new kid on the block" stumbling into previously unknown epic space! (im reminded of the pinnacle of terran tech compared to the protoss - "oh REALLY you think youre at height of the evolution of space warfare???")  good luck!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »

Cool, Turtle.

Are you going to Kickstart this eventually?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »

Yep, this is my baby.

Kickstarter is the plan, I just need to finish the first few sculpts, and get the motion comic/movie that introduces the world and starts the storyline. The idea is multiple smaller kickstarters since I don't have any brand recognition. Each one will be focused on getting a specific set of miniatures in production and shipping.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:51:01 AM by Turtle » Logged
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »

Congrats on what looks to be a great start!  I'll definitely keep my eye on it!

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 03:26:19 AM »

Anyone fancy themselves a game designer?

I've run into some road blocks with the design of the rules and need some people to bounce ideas around that's a bit more game design savvy. Most of my local friends just aren't up to it.

Along the way you also have a say in future development, such as concepts, and if the kickstarter goes well enough I can provide free product and credit in the rulebook.
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »

Sure, post your ideas, I'm very interested in the general thought process! I'm building an alternative set of rules myself for the long-gone Rackham boardgame 'hybrid', and have created a more streamlined version for 'Star Warriors' for my friends, so I might have a few thoughts.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 04:47:43 AM »

Actually, I just got through one roadblock soon after I posted that.

New playtest rules draft 0.36 available here:
http://www.exoshift.org/downloads/

There's already been changes since that draft, one of which is to make sure the player understands that it's a modified alternating activations system, like checkers or chess. We're also in trim down mode on the rules right now, meaning removing or streamlining rules to speed up play and make them more intuitive. Most of that's in the current rules are there to hold concepts in place while the rules whole set is developed.

The first four army lists are still in development, but we will have example armies ready for next month's big reveal on the road to our kickstarter.

Some new art to show, this time it's the Sol main battle tank:

We've been calling it the, "Sphinx."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:49:22 AM by Turtle » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: