http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 11:50:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool Gamer's Wives  (Read 9529 times)
Luminescent Pubes
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2006, 03:38:28 AM »

mine is in love with the N64 for some ungodly reason (mainly for Diddy Kong Racing of all things)...although she has expressed an interest in the 360

Gamertag: omg nintendo64
GGMark
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2006, 08:29:53 AM »

My gf is a big Final Fantasy fan.  1-7 of course.  She also likes games like Parasite eve, and a few others.  Shes a huge WoW fan as well, which I turned her onto when I started to play.  So she tolerates my gaming pretty well.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2006, 06:01:48 PM »

I'm wearing the shirt in the OP right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

retard
spybyscript
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2006, 06:45:39 PM »

My wife used to not like gaming and sometimes complained about the money that went into gaming. She has slowly turned around over time, and at this point since we bought the Wii I can't really touch the system much because she's playing it... Wii sports and trauma center hooked her, and now she is trying to get into Zelda. Can't imagine that it was finally a nintendo system that would get her into gaming, but oh well. Tongue

She has tried to play my 360 from time to time since, but she doesn't like the games that I have (mostly the ultra violent like dead rising and gears of war) and has trouble with FPS games and the standard controller... not to say the Wii makes that any easier, as though she handles zelda ok enough, we tried Elebits and she hated that with a passion.  Elebits is way too twitchy and more frustrating than anything else.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2007, 01:22:20 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 24, 2006, 02:55:26 PM

(I couldn't break it to her that I haven't owned anything nintendo since the NES, but...it's the thought that counts.smile )

DS?

My girlfriend has very little interest in gaming.  The two times I persuaded her to pick up the 360 controller, I had trouble getting her to put it down so I could go to bed.  But otherwise she has shown almost no interest in picking it up on her own initiative.  Sometimes she will watch me game, but gets bored unless the game in question is very violent.  She considers the hobby to be in general a waste of time and money, but takes the attitude that it's far preferable to going out drinking or screwing around on her.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2007, 05:12:38 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on January 17, 2007, 01:22:20 PM

(I couldn't break it to her that I haven't owned anything nintendo since the NES, but...it's the thought that counts.smile )

DS?

This was April.  DSL came out in July.  retard
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2007, 11:09:59 PM »

And she bought me a shirt.

It has a picture of a GC controller and it says 'I have control issues.'  And....IT GLOWS IN THE DARK.

Damn! I want one of those shirts!  nod
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2007, 11:30:37 AM »

My wife is an avid Yahoo gamer...word racer, scrabble, etc...but could care less about store-bought games. But.......she's the one who'll say, "hey you haven't bought a game in a while, why don't you go get one"...I'm Mr. frugal and say, nah we really can't afford it this week...........sure you can she'll say............I eventually give in just to please her... nod

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2007, 05:49:58 AM »

My soon-to-be wife gave me a brown hooded sweatshirt with a faded Pac-Man on it.  I don't know where she found it, but it's really cool for an old-school gamer.

Guess who has worn it more times...she has.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2007, 11:53:36 PM »

I have really cool wife that always asks if I want any games or gaming accesories for christmas or my birthday. I never dissapoint her. icon_biggrin

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2007, 02:01:59 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on April 24, 2006, 10:54:58 PM

My wife has zero interest but totally doesn't care what I do game-wise.  She is cool with me buying what I want and playing as much as I want.  I never abuse it though and only play a few hours each week at most.

Pretty much the same. BUT i do abuse it. Start WoW about 9pm and go to 12-1am pretty much every night and before work in the morning. Thing is, its actually very cathartic for me and lets me blow off work stress. It took some time, but i think she actually understands it now and lets me do what i want.

The times i play are after the kids are asleep and after they go to school, so it doesn't interfere with them at all. She watches her reality shows/soaps at night, so that's not an issue either. In over 15 years together, i've never once seen her play a single game. She thinks it's weird that a grown man with kids plays games, but i don't really care biggrin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: