http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 09:35:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caracassone Expansions  (Read 1688 times)
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2006, 09:27:32 PM »

I picked this one up last weekend and love it.  Does anyone have a feel for which expansions are worthwhile and/or at what point can you get too expansion heavy and start detracting from the fun?
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 09:51:28 PM »

It is a great game isn't it?

We don't have any of the expansions but we do have Carcassone: The Castle which is a modification for just two players.  It's a lot of fun and is actually the one we started with.
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 10:03:09 PM »

I right now have the original with the river expansion included.  I am just amazed at how much strategy was involved in such as seemingly simple game.  The first game involved screwing each other over by placing invconvenient tiles ad going for the quick scores.  The next was heavy building of sprawling cities.  Eventually we realized how critical those farmers were and started flooding the fields.   Good stuff.
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 09:11:51 PM »

Well since I was doomed to pick them up anyway (I have trouble resisting expansions) I got Inns and Cathedrals and Builders and Traders.  Inns and Cathedrals looks like the simplest to integrate since is just adds a couple of Inn tiles to increase road scores and the Cathedral to add points for a completed city.  The rest of the tiles are more countryside tiles with new configurations of city/road/countryside.

Builders and Traders is a little more involved but not by much.  Builders are large pieces which can be placed on structures you already occupy to get an extra turn.  The traders are city piece with commodity symbols on them.  When you complete a city you get chits for each commodity and the person with the most of a type get extra points.

I don't think either will bog it down too much although I think Builders and Traders would be better for people who have already played the vanilla game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: