http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 11:15:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Area Risk Legacy Recurring Game Night?  (Read 808 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2012, 02:18:42 PM »

Just gauging interest at this point.

If you're not familiar with the game, it's a twist on Risk where the game changes and evolves based on events that have happened in previous matches.  There are various secret envelopes and compartments that get opened only when certain conditions are met.  It's a board game that actually warrants spoiler avoidance and spoiler warnings.

Ideally, each successive match would be played with the same group of people, so everyone can discover and modify the game together from start to finish.

Anyone interested?
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »

Nice, absolutely the best edition of Risk EVAR! Wish I could join your tourney. Also wish there was an online client for this. I used to play the 2210 edition on Vassal with some ol'Risk buddies from college, but unfortunately a Vassal update pooched that module.  icon_frown
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 04:09:33 PM »

I've never really been a big fan of risk but I would be interested in a gaming night. Is it significantly different than plain old Risk?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 06:43:36 PM »

Yes and no.  The core of the game is the new version of Risk, with victory conditions meaning the games are under two hours.

The really interesting shit is the development of the game over multiple plays.  It goes for 15 sessions, and after each one the winner gets to write his name on the winner's section of the board, found (and write the name of) a new city on the board, cards are ripped up to remove rules, others get new versions pasted over them with a sticker, etc.  Basically, the game itself changes over the course of the 15 plays depending on choices that get made in earlier plays.  It's a massively cool concept.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »

Some folks at Octopus have given a tentative thumbs up, so if you're in, Teggy, I think that's actually all we need to have a full group.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 07:34:41 PM »

I'm certainly willing to give it a shot. How often were you thinking?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: