This one slipped under the radar for me, but Catalyst Games Labs started shipping their 2nd printing of the 25th Anniversary Introductory Box Set at the beginning of February. I missed scooping a copy of the 2007 release before it sold out, so I'm thrilled its back and even more thrilled that my FLGS is carrying it.
For anyone wondering what you get in it, the answer is a lot; in fact everything you need to play Mech -on- Mech action in the Battletech universe. Here's the contents listing from the product announcement
on the BattleTech website:
* 24 unpainted, ready-to-play plastic BattleMech minis
* 2 unpainted, premium-quality plastic BattleMech minis
* One 12-page full-color quick-start rulebook will have players into the action in minutes
* 36-page book of pre-generated BattleMech Record Sheets
* One 80-page full-color rulebook
* Inner Sphere at a Glance, a 56-page full-color book of universe background and BattleMech technical data
* One 16-page full-color Painting and Tactics Guide
* Two heavy-duty cards of compiled tables
* Two 18″ x 24″ game-board quality maps
I can only comment about prices in my city, but the box set retails for about $50.
What has me most pumped about finally getting it is that a team of fans for one of my favorite PnP RPG's (Savage Worlds) have adapted it to that rule system making it much easier to play and run a RPG campaign.