http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 05:47:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arkham Horror boardgame released, a cooperative Cthulu game  (Read 2083 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2005, 03:11:08 AM »

Fantasy Flight just released the Arkam Horror boardgame.  It pits the players as investigators running around Arkham trying to stave off one of the old ones from coming into our world.  Yes, it's part of the Cthulu Mythos.

Anyway, I figured since people were talking about Shadows Over Camelot, I figured I'd let you guys know about this one.

It's considerably more advanced than SoC, but good for groups that don't have the energy or time to start an RPG campaign.
Vesper
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 01:06:34 AM »

This is a great game with great components.  The general consensus from BGG is that it's on the easy side when you know what you're doing, but still fun.  It's also in need of a FAQ for a few rules clarifications.   I've only played 1 3-player game and we lost, but had a blast.  This weekend we'll be playing 4 players.  Looking forward to it!
Jon Edwards
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 05:34:00 AM »

I hope to get a gaming group to play Akham soon. In the meantime, I'm playing solo - it says 1-8 players. My lone investigator is always one roll away from going to the insane asylum and the terror level is rising, but I'm holding my own and having fun as I learn how to play. I think they got the setting and feel right.

I play my first game of Shadows over Camelot this weekend with 3 players. Good fun was had by all. I'm delighted so many neat board games are coming out. I still have to get to Twilight Imperium 3rd edition.
willa
BANNED
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 08:15:46 AM »

Console Gold is the best....please ban me. smile

(edited by KS)
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 08:12:12 PM »

There was another thread on this a month or so back. Here's a link.

http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8048

Done posting
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: