http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 09:42:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone play D&D?  (Read 2986 times)
Ascendent
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2005, 05:11:33 PM »

I've been in a steady game for past year. Just curious to see if any other CG'rs play as well.

Ascendent
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 05:26:15 PM »

Quote from: "Ascendent"
I've been in a steady game for past year. Just curious to see if any other CG'rs play as well.

Ascendent

Played when I was younger, just like all good American boys!

Not anymore however.  I think I would be bored to tears if I played now, but I do 'talk' to Gygax regularly via e-mail if that's worth anything.   :wink:

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 05:27:55 PM »

I play in groups off and on, and I do the occasional special character for a friend of mines campaign, but sadly most of my friends are just out of college with loads of freetime, while I on the other hand have a steady job.  Needless to say their chosen playing time of Sunday nights starting at 11 doesn't work for me. smile

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 05:35:51 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Played when I was younger, just like all good American boys!

Not anymore however.  I think I would be bored to tears if I played now, but I do 'talk' to Gygax regularly via e-mail if that's worth anything.

Yeah, I used to play way back when it was called AD&D. Ah, the memories.

And you talk to Gygax? Cool! Has he said anything interesting to you during your conversations?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 05:55:44 PM »

Yeah, he has lots of interesting stuff to say I guess  :?:

We mostly talk about all the things he's currently working on and his kids.  Occasionally I can get him to comment on the current affairs of the D&D world, although he is generally so negative about it, it isn't worth it.  

He is a really terrific guy, if a bit full of himself.  He loves his kids a ton, which says alot.  Who knows, maybe I would be full of myself alittle too if I were him.   :wink:

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 07:45:36 PM »

I play D&D, and I run a D&D game for friends.  Its a nice diversion.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 11:20:31 PM »

I really enjoy it, like living a story. Glad to see I'm not the only D&D Console Golder

Ascendent
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 12:15:19 AM »

I played a little bit a long time ago.  It was hard getting a group together then and even harder now.

I recently picked up some of the Forgotten Realms novels and enjoyed them.  I've actually been reading some of the sourcebooks for kicks and to get a little more depth.  I have a decent collection of 2nd edition stuff.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 12:22:23 AM »

It took me roughly about 10 years to find a group *laughs* so yes, it is kind of hard to find one.

Ascendent
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 02:44:24 AM »

Well, hope you're not planning on joining the IDF as they will brand you as 'detached from reality and suseptible to influence'.   :shock:

"These people have a tendency to be influenced by external factors which could cloud their judgment, a military official says. "They may be detached from reality or have a weak personality – elements which lower a person's security clearance, allowing them to serve in the army, but not in sensitive positions."

Check out the pictures as well. Looks more like SCA types than 'D&D Players'... not that they're mutually exclusive or anything. :wink:

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: