http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 12:52:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone for Risk  (Read 1272 times)
Tals
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2010, 07:23:24 PM »

Debatable whether this should be in the MP forum or this one, it's an online board game so I guess it's better here smile

I've been a member of Conquer Club http://www.conquerclub.com/ for a couple of years now. Just resubbed which means I can create passworded or invite only games smile

If you're in post here and i'll set a game going. Turns are sequential and when it's your turn you have to take it within 24 hours. Otherwise you get credited with the pieces the next turn. Dependant on how much interest we get will depend on the map we go for. I was also going to go for fixed credit for cards and only 1 reinforcement per turn

Note to play games on CC you do not have to pay - but they limit you to 4 concurrent games at any one point.

Tals

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »

Looks interesting. My question - which I couldn't find the answer to at conquerclub - is it classic Risk or is it Risk Revised edition? As well, is there any support to play the 2210 edition? I've recently played those 2 latter variations, and I can't say I'd be too enthused about going back to the classic.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 08:33:25 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on January 03, 2010, 06:20:09 PM

Looks interesting. My question - which I couldn't find the answer to at conquerclub - is it classic Risk or is it Risk Revised edition? As well, is there any support to play the 2210 edition? I've recently played those 2 latter variations, and I can't say I'd be too enthused about going back to the classic.

They obviously have to be careful on following any rules as that would break Hasbro's copyright.

The rules are these:

Every Turn
Every 3 regions  1 extra unit
+ continents

An attacker has the 3 dice if he has 4 or more on the attacking square, 2 dice if 3 and 1 if 2

The cards are tuneable the one I tend to go for is
3 red = 6
3 green = 8
3 blue = 10
mixed = 12

reinforcement at the end of the turn is also tuneable, I tend to go for chained which is one reinforcement between your territories as long as they are linked. Although you can have adjacent - reinforcing square has to be adjacent. Or unlimited - like chained but as many reinforcements as required.

I think that pretty much covers the rules, lots of others but those are the key ones. Maps they have a load of maps - classic is the closest to original risk.

My favourite game type is doubles or triples whereby you play with 2 or 3 others against 2 or 3 others. reinforcement and positioning can be on your allies squares you also have team chat so as an online board game it's almost unbeatable smile

Post your queries here I should be able to answer most questions smile

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 10:12:21 PM »

I've been playing at this site and I love it.  I'm not very good at Risk, but it's been fun so far.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 06:57:08 AM »

I have an account so if we can get a few people I can invite them into a game.doubles is quite fun and more strategic.

Post account names - don't have to be paid for and I'll set it up

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: