http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 08:24:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Interest in a GT boardgamegeek Guild?  (Read 1698 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2010, 12:34:54 AM »

I know a thread like this was posted not too long ago. Recently my boardgame play has started to rival my videogame time and I've found myself frequently visiting the bgg forums. I also know there's many people here that are board, tabletop and card game fans and I've noticed a number play the same games as me. I think it'd be great if we shared a GT guild on bgg and I could see where it could be handy if GT'ers wanted to arrange some mplay on services like vassal or just wanted to stay in touch while visiting the bgg community.

Anyhoo, just curious if anyone else is interested in such a guild and what your thoughts on it might be?
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 03:22:28 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on January 02, 2010, 12:34:54 AM

I know a thread like this was posted not too long ago. Recently my boardgame play has started to rival my videogame time and I've found myself frequently visiting the bgg forums. I also know there's many people here that are board, tabletop and card game fans and I've noticed a number play the same games as me. I think it'd be great if we shared a GT guild on bgg and I could see where it could be handy if GT'ers wanted to arrange some mplay on services like vassal or just wanted to stay in touch while visiting the bgg community.

Anyhoo, just curious if anyone else is interested in such a guild and what your thoughts on it might be?

I'd be interested.  I spend quite abit of time playing boardgames and browse BGG quite frequently.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 05:09:28 AM »

I would be as well.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 01:33:13 PM »

I'd be up for that.

I have a hell of a time finding people to play boardgames with, so it would be fun.

"Goonies never say die"
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 05:45:21 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on January 02, 2010, 01:33:13 PM

I'd be up for that.

I have a hell of a time finding people to play boardgames with, so it would be fun.

The guilds get a calendar, so scheduling online plays is one area where it could be a real plus. slywink

One of the things I've noted about the various bgg guild categories is that most are region based - state/prov, city, etc... With that in mind GT would probably have to come in under the 'Hobbies' category. I'm just not sure what hobby - video gaming perhaps? I'm also not sure what we would name it; i.e. Gaming Trend or just GT?  I definitely don't want to use a name that will 'p' off Ron and the GT staff. Graham, if you could give some feedback on what an acceptable name would be, that'd be very helpful.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 11:41:43 AM »

We need 10 geek gold, which I have none of.  Guess I'd better start posting there.

"Goonies never say die"
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 08:54:52 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on January 03, 2010, 05:45:21 PM

Quote from: El-Producto on January 02, 2010, 01:33:13 PM

I'd be up for that.

The guilds get a calendar, so scheduling online plays is one area where it could be a real plus. slywink

One of the things I've noted about the various bgg guild categories is that most are region based - state/prov, city, etc... With that in mind GT would probably have to come in under the 'Hobbies' category. I'm just not sure what hobby - video gaming perhaps? I'm also not sure what we would name it; i.e. Gaming Trend or just GT?  I definitely don't want to use a name that will 'p' off Ron and the GT staff. Graham, if you could give some feedback on what an acceptable name would be, that'd be very helpful.

I don't see an issue with using the GT/GamingTrend name, as long as it isn't paired with something offensive. slywink  I can follow up with Ron, but I don't think he'd have an issue with it either.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 09:20:07 PM »

I have very little geek gold myself. frown You can earn it by submitting reviews, pictures/images and written accounts of gaming sessions. You can also get it by accessing 'Misc' > 'Geekmod' and participating in the approval of reviews and session write ups. I'm hoping to get more GG with a review for Battlelore and Lock 'n' Load Band of Heroes. I've also created my own "Plunder and Pilllage" variation for Vikings which I'm hoping to submitt this, or next, month - need to do a lot more play testing though and unfortunately there's no vassel module.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 10:59:18 AM »

I just did a review for Pandemic and got 1.36 Geek Gold Tongue

"Goonies never say die"
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 05:31:16 AM »

I'd be interested in this as well.  I've got quite a few board games and very few people to play them with.  My regular group stopped playing a while back.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 06:43:25 PM »

Well it sounds like there's enough interest here to pursue this. This is great motivation for me to finish my reviews and game mod - gotta farm that geek gold. slywink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: