http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 12:38:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AH Kingmaker - Anyone have the Board or PC Game?  (Read 6122 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2009, 05:18:20 PM »

I remember playing this boardgame way back in the 80's and having a lot of fun with it. I also remember it being one heckuva complex game system. I just learned recently that there was also a DOS version of the game made in 1994. I tried downloading it form C:DOS Abandonware, but the hoops and personal info -including 3rd parties- they wanted was ridiculous.
There was an initiative to make a module of this game for Vassal that's stalled and I'm personally considering helping out a bit. I know you can still find copies of the boardgame online but they range from a steep $50 to $125! I'm just wondering if anyone knows where the abandoned DOS game can be downloaded or where I can get a copy of the boardgame rules?
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 01:56:48 AM »

I remember playing the PC game but it was a lot like playing computer Diplomacy against only computer opponents - half the fun is gone.  But as ports of boardgames go, it was one of the better ones. 

It was part of AH's last real shot of making the leap into computers.  There were some other decent AH ports at the time, but they really didn't have the financial committment to doing computer versions.  Too bad.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 06:00:38 PM »

I remember reading about the PC game and wanting it. I never did get it though. I even came across the CGW cover with it on their online museum yesterday..

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »

I played the heck out of the board game during my first year of college (1993-94).  A few years ago, I picked up the two copies of the board game (one for spares, which was good, as the first one was missing one of the royal chits) and a copy of the computer game in box.  I know I have the game installed on my machine, but I've moved twice since then.  Let me see if I can find the box with all the stuff and I'll see what I can do.  Here is the list of copy protection answers from the game (hosted by Wizards of the Coast, oddly enough). 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 07:10:40 PM »

I tried the boardgame once, after I bought it (I still have it)

2 friends and I set it up, took a looong time to do, and this was all done while reading the rules...

So, after reading the victory conditions, we discovered that I had won the game already, since I had a character with the right stuff in the right place..

Kinda a meh experience, but I cant help but think we missed something  icon_lol

A new one
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 11:48:10 PM »

Looking back in this thread and seeing that CGW cover makes me  crybaby  .. those were truly the best of times.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: