http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 07:42:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [D&D 4th Ed.] Official GT Campaign Thread  (Read 58150 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: November 12, 2008, 01:31:52 PM »

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker on November 12, 2008, 12:45:58 PM

Quote from: Destructor on November 12, 2008, 04:31:58 AM

And Crayola - I'd love to at least have access to what you've used in the past so far as far as your wonderful dungeons and overland maps went. Would make things substantially easier if I ever decided to run this scenario with some of my non-local friends.
No problem. I'll need to gather everything.  You have Photoshop?

That I do. Thanks again.

And as far as my work schedule goes right now, I have every Friday and Saturday off. I don't remember who it was who couldn't work when anymore, so I'm no longer sure on our availability.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 12, 2008, 11:42:14 PM »

crayola i just read this and was super bummed!  then i read your other thread and figured that might have something to do with the lack of time you old dog you! twins huh?!  did i read that right? congratulations!!!

it sounds like the game is going to get underway - make sure you join up at some point so giovanni can buy you some fine dwarven ale and a gnomish cigar (or two right?).  it should be fun to roleplay smoking two cigars at the same time - i mean you cant leave one of the new buggers out can you?
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 13, 2008, 12:47:59 AM »

I'm typically available after 7:00pm Eastern on weeknights, and I can adjust my weekend schedule around to suit the needs of the group.

CrayolaSmoker says he's available on Wednesdays...what if we tried playing Wednesday evenings every week, but the sessions were shorter?

-Autistic Angel
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: November 13, 2008, 06:12:02 AM »

I could do Wednesday evenings as well. And for the next few months, my availability time would match up with AA's time...

I think what we're trying to say Crayola is that we want you as DM badly enough to do things like this. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 14, 2008, 12:52:44 PM »

I can also do Wednesday nights as long as we don't go too late.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 17, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »

Has anyone heard from Doopri or Lockdown yet?  It would be great if our first mid-week game was this Wednesday! icon_cool

-Autistic Angel
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 18, 2008, 12:01:12 AM »

sorry im here!

right now im wicked flexible about it - just give me the day and time and im there! (though if its 6am on a saturday morning, im going to hate you guys - only things that neigh get my attention at such hours on weekends! smile)
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 18, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »

I might be able to join back in if you guys still need another and are switching to a weeknight.  Sat afternoons became undoable for a while due to family stuff, but weeknights are usually far more easier to do stuff.  Let me know either way!!

Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 18, 2008, 08:41:48 PM »

Someone can take over my character or just have him sneak out and leave you guys, I work weeknights.  I'll talk to you Crayola some day about teaching me the software so I can maybe run a Forgotten Realms adventure on a weekend, probably not until after the new year though.

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 19, 2008, 06:14:31 PM »

I wrote to Lockdown, but unfortunately he says that he won't be able to rejoin the group right now no matter what.

Quote from: Rich
Someone can take over my character or just have him sneak out and leave you guys, I work weeknights.

How late do you work?  If you got home around 8:00pm, for example, you could just join the game in progress!

Quote from: faide
I might be able to join back in if you guys still need another and are switching to a weeknight.  Sat afternoons became undoable for a while due to family stuff, but weeknights are usually far more easier to do stuff.  Let me know either way!!

I wrote a quick note to CrayolaSmoker to let him know that you'd like to rejoin the game.  I suspect everyone would be glad to have you back in the game, but the DM has to make the final call.

If you (and Starshifter?) would like to have everything ready, we're using Ventrillo to talk during the game, and I think we're on Maptool version "b38".  Unfortunately I'm not at home right now, so I don't know what the server settings are...hopefully someone else can post them before this evening! eek

Also, we're all just about to hit level 4...I think.  Maybe it's level 3.  Anyways, take a look at what sorts of powers you would want your character to have and we'll get it sorted out.

-Autistic Angel
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 19, 2008, 11:00:17 PM »

AA, thanks for taking the lead with this.  Am I assuming correctly that we are NOT playing tonight, though?

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 19, 2008, 11:40:13 PM »

Crayola has not logged on in several days, so it's likely that he doesn't know that we were even hoping to play tonight.  I think we'll have to aim for next week. frown

On the plus side, that'll give us more time to hammer out the details.  For example, if we're losing Lockdown and Rich but gaining faide and Starshifter, the new characters might affect how people decide to (re)train their characters.

-Autistic Angel
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: November 20, 2008, 02:43:19 AM »

No matter when we play, Rhakos will be around to take the lead in protecting your non-Dragonborn rears.  icon_lol

Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 21, 2008, 09:20:27 AM »

I don't get home until around 1:30am, I'm thinking that's a bit too late or early for you guys. smile

Don't get me wrong I don't want to quit but I'd hate to see the group not play because not everyone can make a new time that works out for the majority.  I was thankful enough when everyone had no problem matching my weekend overtime schedule during the summer months trying to fit me in now just isn't going to work for the group.  I did talk to Crux about possibly taking over my place but he was going to need more details on the schedule and how long the sessions went if it moved to a weeknight, he's a great guy to game with and has more of a roleplaying style than I can come up with myself.

PS3 - PTCynic
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 06, 2008, 06:27:42 PM »

Any update on this?  I have really enjoyed reading about the campaign.  I should be getting my 4E books for christmas, and now have the character builder and hope to get involved in a campaign at some point.  Sadly I don't have anyone in my local area who plays anymore so would love to get in on something here with folks from GT.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 07, 2008, 12:31:26 PM »

What is the 4E experience level required for this campaign? I've yet to play a 4E session yet but might be interested in joining if that was a possibility.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 07, 2008, 06:26:54 PM »

so far weve been in an extended holding pattern - im eagerly awaiting its return and hope it works out that way!

one of the things ive been doing in the meantime to satisfy my jonesing is playing in some of the lfr stuff.  theyre basically one shot, several hour adventures.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 07, 2008, 11:27:48 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 06, 2008, 06:27:42 PM

Any update on this?  I have really enjoyed reading about the campaign.  I should be getting my 4E books for christmas, and now have the character builder and hope to get involved in a campaign at some point.  Sadly I don't have anyone in my local area who plays anymore so would love to get in on something here with folks from GT.

As Doopri says, our game is unfortunately on hold at the time.  Our DM is gone icon_frown

Our current thought is to have Destructor take over as the DM, and he's making some decisions about how to proceed from here.  Since we don't have access to any of the MapTool stuff we used to work our characters, it's possible that he'll try to pick up our current adventure where we left off, or maybe just start a new one with our current characters.

Once we're back on track, I'll make sure to have him check this thread and see if we have room for more players! thumbsup

Quote from: fyedaddy on December 07, 2008, 12:31:26 PM

What is the 4E experience level required for this campaign? I've yet to play a 4E session yet but might be interested in joining if that was a possibility.

As far as personal experience, I'm pretty sure this is the first 4th Edition game for almost everyone in the group, and it's my first time playing "real" D&D at all.  It's been a lot of fun so far, so I think you'd have a great time!

As far as character experience, our characters are just about to hit Level 4.  If Destructor is willing to take on more players, you'd probably want to create a character at that level.

-Autistic Angel
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 08, 2008, 12:59:47 AM »

Thanks for the update guys.  Will keep watching this space for any future info.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 11, 2008, 01:58:40 PM »

I'm very much interested in participating if there is room once things get going again. I bet Farscry would be too (I'll point him to this thread). I'll keep an eye on this and wait for developments. Thanks!

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 25, 2008, 01:03:38 AM »

Happy holidays to the gang and best wishes for resuming the campaign in 2009.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 02, 2009, 04:58:30 PM »

I got the core rulebooks for 4th Edition, so hopefully when this gets started back up I will be able to join in!
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 03, 2009, 05:34:04 PM »

AA recently PM'd us all about our DM's new twins I believe it was.  After being reminded of the fun I had playing with you guys last year I surfed over to the Fantasy Grounds website to see if there was a working 4E Ruleset for it now and it looks like there is.  I used to use FG with a group of #GG guys, DM'd by Tilt and it worked rather well, it was a slicker interface than the maptool we used with Crayola although that worked fine.  I'm going to mess around with the FG software this weekend and see if it would be easier for me to wrap my head around running a game using it or using maptool.  I know I own 4 licenses to FG, possibly 5 I can't remember.  I'll PM everyone if it looks like I'll be able to figure it out and we can see who would be interested in doing what.

PS3 - PTCynic
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 11, 2009, 01:41:25 PM »

I am still very interested in joining in.
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 11, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »

Well I spent last weekend mulling over Fantasy Grounds only to be put off by the lack of line of sight that we had in maptool.  After looking over all the changes and user created stuff for maptool I went back to it and have been working on learning how to DM with it.  The Frameworks out there are really cool, basically collections of macros and tables to simulate playing the power cards and automating a lot of the record keeping, they've come a long way since we played last fall.  When I do start I'll be looking for 5 players and we'll do a simple one night adventure to get people and the DM up to speed on how to use Maptool and 4e  in general again.

I'll be wanting to play either on a Saturday or Sunday, and trying to limit play to 2-3 hours max.  Only playing for that amount of time and getting anywhere will take a few sessions for everyone to get up to a quick enough combat pace, with the new framework in maptool and a voice client it should be doable.  I've heard several podcast games only go for that long and accomplish quite a bit.

For a good (I'd say funny) example of a D&D game head over to the official WotC podcast page and look for the Penny Arcade/PVP episodes.  Here is the first episode of their second adventure now with Wil Wheaton joining the adventure.

PS3 - PTCynic
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: July 11, 2009, 03:39:01 PM »

I'm impressed that Maptool has come along that far since we last used it for our game. Good to hear, too, as there was still a lot to keep track of despite all the automation that Crayola (awesome work dude!) had put in for us.

Rhakos is ready to come out of retirement if this turns out. I'm just not sure on the schedule - I tend to work on the weekends. But play with it Maptool more, Rich, and see what becomes of it.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 11, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »

I can do Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons/evenings.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: